June is ON! 6/28 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Mattb
Veteran

Re: June is ON! 6/28 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Post by Mattb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 am

Hey everyone!

I'm heading there now but I might be a little bit late, sorry.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 am

Awesome to see everyone again and thanks for sone great games! Also great to meet a bunch of peoole for the first time.

@Grant thanks for the game and unfortunate things went my way with charge rolls and got you jammed up so quickly. Particularly with that awesome Great Unclean One model having to leave the table so early. Always a pleasure and I look forward to your revenge.

@Mattb and @Tallgeese thanks for the 3 player bloodbath. Sorry I kind of forgot about the objective and for piling in on Matt - in my defence though, those tanks scared the hell out of me. Matt you'll be happy to know the game ended in Alan's favour when Ragnar was killed by yet another tank explosion to the face (he was outplaying me anyway but I had high hopes of terrorising him with Ragnar a little longer 😅)

See you all next month for 9th Edition?

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 am

Thanks for the games Dave. It was good seeing everyone too and it was really good to be back. Game days are one of the best things about the hobby for sure. Anyway can't wait till next time, hopefully we'll have 9th edition by then.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:35 am

Big apologies to Matt and Alan - going back over the points in my head my team wasn't right - I don't think I bought the invulns for the Impulsors, so I should have been down one of the characters to fit them in 🙇‍♀️

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am

Very good fun, although 3 months off let my body forget just how exhausting a day of gaming can be!

@Karantu, no, thank you! Both games were good fun, although I may need to go back to the drawing board with expectations vis a vis Meeting Engagements. (The game between the Japanese guys at the other side of the room had a Mawcrusher on one side and Skarbrand on the other - although they might have been doing a straight 1000-point game rather than a ME.) How many points is a Stardrake again? :? AI was also fun, although as you say full rules with ground attacks and such would probably make it a lot more interesting.

@Balloonacorn, thanks for WarCry! The mission favored the ghosts a fair bit, but with just a couple more kills it would have been quite close. As a group, we may want to start thinking about using the campaign rules - Jye and I have been for a bit in our Ichinomiya game group games, and it really adds a lot, at the very least in narrative terms.

And thanks to @Primarch for the box of Death Guard. Rather more than I need for a good little while, but it should keep me occupied for a while.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:14 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am
@Balloonacorn, thanks for WarCry! The mission favored the ghosts a fair bit, but with just a couple more kills it would have been quite close. As a group, we may want to start thinking about using the campaign rules - Jye and I have been for a bit in our Ichinomiya game group games, and it really adds a lot, at the very least in narrative terms.
Yeah I think knowing for sure you're going to get something out of a game no matter the result is a big help for chilling out and having fun, especially in the swings and roundabouts context of Warcry. Really hoping Crusade brings the same energy to 40k.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:38 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:35 am
Very good fun, although 3 months off let my body forget just how exhausting a day of gaming can be!

@Karantu, no, thank you! Both games were good fun, although I may need to go back to the drawing board with expectations vis a vis Meeting Engagements. (The game between the Japanese guys at the other side of the room had a Mawcrusher on one side and Skarbrand on the other - although they might have been doing a straight 1000-point game rather than a ME.) How many points is a Stardrake again? :? AI was also fun, although as you say full rules with ground attacks and such would probably make it a lot more interesting.

And thanks to @Primarch for the box of Death Guard. Rather more than I need for a good little while, but it should keep me occupied for a while.
I don't have a Stardrake but I do have a Dracoth. I would like to try some more interesting missions for AI some time for sure and if you want we could try a regular 1000pt game of AoS too.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 pm

I think I want to stick with meeting engagements for a bit - they have potential and everyone seems to rave about them. I just need to get good at Stormcast - and/or revisit my Gloomspite. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:46 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 am
@Mattb and @Tallgeese thanks for the 3 player bloodbath. Sorry I kind of forgot about the objective and for piling in on Matt - in my defence though, those tanks scared the hell out of me. Matt you'll be happy to know the game ended in Alan's favour when Ragnar was killed by yet another tank explosion to the face (he was outplaying me anyway but I had high hopes of terrorising him with Ragnar a little longer 😅)

See you all next month for 9th Edition?
No hard feelings at all, it was still genuinely fun to get back into things even if it didnt end well for me!

I'd definitely be keen for more games in 9th. Going to try expanding my army as well so I can play any game size.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 am

Nice to get some dice in my hands after a long, looong break. Did not get any mini gaming in, but it was great just to look over shoulders and witness the action. And thanks to Underdweller and Grant for a relaxing afternoon of desperate scavenging, doomed struggle and hopeless, bitter, inevitable winter's undeath.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”