Nagoya August Games Day: 8/16 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Nagoya August Games Day: 8/16 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:18 pm

Thanks to everyone for being so responsible and helpful with social distancing at the last couple games days. We're going ahead with the next one as planned, although we'll be keeping an eye on the COVID situation so cancellation is a possibility - thanks for your flexibility.

Date: Sunday, August 16
Time: 9am - 4pm
Location: Naka Lifelong Learning Center between Kamimaezu and Higashi-Betsuin
Cost: 500 yen for the day to take part if you play any games, nothing just to watch

I'll be there with Crusade again, and I'll probably bring along Underworlds as well if anyone wants a game or two of that.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Nagoya August Games Day: 8/16 at the Naka Lifelong Learning Center

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:33 pm

I want to try a different Marine chapter at the *following* games day (Nurgle willing), so I'll be looking to play Crusade all day again to grind out the points for them :lol:

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:17 am

I was too busy to join last time T.T so if anyone can brig me up to speed on 9th ed 40k things I'd be very appreciative!

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:17 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:17 am
I was too busy to join last time T.T so if anyone can brig me up to speed on 9th ed 40k things I'd be very appreciative!
Some of us are currently on the Crusade bandwagon right now so if you're interested feel free to join us. We've been posting about our Crusade rosters and stuff on the forum but if you just want to play and not bother with that that's fine too.
Basically, Crusade is a campaign system made up of "narrative" style games starting at 25/50 PL lists. As much as I complain about PL not being as balanced as points, the current points aren't too much better so it's a decent way to kick off 9th edition.
If you have access to the new rulebook, the rules for crusade should be in there but I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend this game day and I'll probably be looking to play Crusade.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pm

I will be to play 40k Crusade: 25 or 50 PL, or larger depending on what I can put together.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 pm

Karantu wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:17 am
OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:17 am
Some of us are currently on the Crusade bandwagon right now so if you're interested feel free to join us. We've been posting about our Crusade rosters and stuff on the forum but if you just want to play and not bother with that that's fine too.
Basically, Crusade is a campaign system made up of "narrative" style games starting at 25/50 PL lists. As much as I complain about PL not being as balanced as points, the current points aren't too much better so it's a decent way to kick off 9th edition.
If you have access to the new rulebook, the rules for crusade should be in there but I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend this game day and I'll probably be looking to play Crusade.
If it is possible please count me in. In the mean time I'll look into the crusade rules and order a rules book too!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:11 pm

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 pm
If it is possible please count me in. In the mean time I'll look into the crusade rules and order a rules book too!
It's absolutely possible! The games are proving very fast so there's no problem just organising them ad hoc with whoever is ready to go, and when we had uneven numbers we just ran a 2x25 vs 50 game which was still quite snappy.

Obviously the more Kill Team/Warcry boards and terrain the better, but no matter what we should have everyone playing.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:07 am

So I feel I should note this somewhere, and this is a vaguely relevant somewhere:

My wife and I are going into lockdown-except-supermarket mode for a couple of weeks out of an abundance of caution. She had a tiny little baby fever (37) for a few hours earlier this week, and we know that someone who was at the same Toyota training day her team was running tested positive. She called the hotline and was advised to get tested if her fever went up and stayed up, but instead it got better quickly, so she wouldn't have got within a light year of the threshold for getting tested in Aichi.

The upshot is I'm still planning on coming to the games day, but it'll be my first outing since the last one by that point. That's not a big change to my lazy work-from-home schedule, but I'll be skipping a couple of Plamojuku game days (including today) just to be sure (my Japanese classes have already gone online). Obviously if I have so much as a sniffle in the meantime you won't see me, but most likely I'll be there without so much as a single excuse for why my backlog remains unpainted.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:28 am

Does anyone want a game of Malifaux, Kill Team, Warmachine, Blood Bowl, or other skirmishy game?

If not, I will probably skip this one, but hopefully see you all in September.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:53 am

Unless things get really bad in the next week or so, I should be there.

I'd love to try doing another 2v2 crusade match as well if everyone's keen - we can do more Imperium vs filthy traitors if Tallgeese brings his Chaos Marines. :lol:

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”