Nagoya October Games Day: 10/18 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: Nagoya October Games Day: 10/18 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:45 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 am
Balloonacorn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:15 pm
Crusade 40k or is it possible to play Blitz Bowl in th PM THE OTHER DAVE?
No problem - my schedule is pretty free. BB with Underdweller in the morning, Terrinoth with Grant (and up to two other interested people!) some time when the FFA isn't happening, and maybe some Crusade when I can sneak a game in with whoever's free. All those are low time commitment, so I'll be able to work something out!
Fantastic
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:46 am

Thinking of luggage - who's planning on bringing 40K terrain? I wasn't planning on going all-in on 40K this month (just bringing my army along for a pickup game or two if anyone was interested), but if it would be helpful to bring my terrain set along I could do that.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:35 am

I will bring exactly the same table I did the other two times since it is already packed!

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:47 am

I'm bringing 2 small houses but that's all terrain-wise.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:23 pm

I'm probably just be bringing Titanicus tomorrow. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my game to a playable level with all the changes I tried to implement since the last demo. Maybe I'll try and get it properly ready for Nagoyahammer 2021 or something.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 pm

I'm gonna be 15-20 minutes late. Don't start without me!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:19 am

We are at e-able nagoya, right? I've looked up and down the building twice and don't see anyone =/

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am

Thanks for the games today folks! Especially everyone's patience with the massive free for all, we did a good job getting through it. Just sad the bravery of the folks who picked the middle zones was not well rewarded😅

And thanks to Matt for a cracking 50pl game - especially happy we got through the bigger game despite a latish start and with time to pack up at the end!

Looking forward to next time, let's see what happens if the Space Wolf book hits in time 😃

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 am

Good fun! A shame I couldn't get any 40K in, but time, games to play, etc.

Blitz Bowl was a lot of fun (thanks Underdweller, and sorry Ballonacorn that our free times didn't line up - maybe next time?) - very quick to play, but we both had plenty of tactical decisions to make and there's really quite a lot of depth there. Definitely a different game from Blood Bowl - it's more about action efficiency management than risk management, and much less random - but in the end it's running around with an oblate spheroid (three of them at one point!) and punching people, so who can complain?

Then not one but two full games of Heroes of Terrinoth, in which I mostly found that multiplayer games are significantly harder than solo games because you actually have to share information and communicate and make decisions together in a group :lol: so jumping right in to higher-difficulty scenarios with a bunch of new players is probably not optimal, haha. Still, I'd love to play again!

I'll pop a thread up later, but November will be Sunday the 22nd at, uh, the other place near Kamimaezu, I'll look it up later. Naka something or other.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 am

Thanks for trying out Blitz Bowl with me, TOD. Like you said, it is quite a different game than Blood Bowl in some respects, but still a lot of fun. And being able to play a full game in under an hour is definitely a selling point!

Heroes of Terrinoth was fun to try too, if a little intense, with the volume of monsters swarming around all of us and attacking from the shadows. I would be happy to try it again sometime, maybe on easy mode next time, though.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”