Nagoya November Games Day: 11/22 in Kamimaezu

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: Nagoya November Games Day: 11/22 in Kamimaezu

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

Thanks for the games today folks! Great fun as always.

@Mattb found some nasty combos in that Imperial Guard codex, definitely putting a *lot* of damage downrange. Great playing against such challenging lists!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:34 am

Thanks to jus and karantu (and Kondo-san) for giving Blitz Bowl a go today - I think I got 4 games in and was done before 2? Definitely its own thing but a whole lot of fun. A dang shame they decided to only sell the game in the States and Germany, but seriously - if you see a good deal on eBay or whatever, I strongly recommend it.
ImageImage
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

@Dave, Thanks for letting me try out Blitz Bowl. It was more fun than I expected it to be and I'd be happy to play a game or two again if I have some spare time. I am probably going to end up getting a Lizardmen Blood Bowl team though so at least I can use the miniatures in both Blitz Bowl and Blood Bowl. Although I might still pick up a Blitz Bowl since it fills a totally different niche.

@Baloonacorn, I hope the AoS game was a decent learning experience even if the wild dice rolls and weird mission ended up skewing the game pretty hard. I'll try and have a more presentable army ready by January and who knows, we might even get some other potential opponents by then.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:14 pm

Karantu wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 am

@Baloonacorn, I hope the AoS game was a decent learning experience even if the wild dice rolls and weird mission ended up skewing the game pretty hard. I'll try and have a more presentable army ready by January and who knows, we might even get some other potential opponents by then.
I thoroughly enjoyed the AOS game. It flows very well. The rules seem a little easier than 40k. I would be up for a game in January all things considered. Thank you for teaching me AOS.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”