February Nagoya Games Day - 2/21 in Kamimaezu

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: February Nagoya Games Day - 2/21 in Kamimaezu

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:00 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:50 am
I'll most likely bring my World Eaters as I seem to be having terrible luck with my Thousand Sons in all 40k related things recently =.=;
Not luck - it's a genuine uphill battle for the 1K Sons at the moment, they have some scary stuff but it's hard to translate that into VP in 9E missions (especially matched play). You've given it a red hot go, but makes sense to give Kharn's gameplan a try too :lol:

For my part if (as it looks like it probably will) the State of Emergency is lifted for Aichi I'll be there playing various flavours of Nurgle. I'm not sure I'll be able to bring much terrain though - maybe some scatter/area stuff and a few crates but I won't have my normal complement of ruins. Will we be able to accommodate everyone in that case?

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:34 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:50 am
I'll be around for any 40k/crusade shenanigans as per usual if people are looking for partners (and maybe a free win lol).

I'll most likely bring my World Eaters as I seem to be having terrible luck with my Thousand Sons in all 40k related things recently =.=;
Yeah I wouldn't worry so much about losing with 1k Sons at the moment. They're one of the factions most in need of help at the moment along with Tau and Eldar - I think you've been doing pretty damn well considering.

Anyway, you can always just attach yourself to a Death Guard army if you want an easy win. It's what my Guard do with Space Marines. :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:00 am
For my part if (as it looks like it probably will) the State of Emergency is lifted for Aichi I'll be there playing various flavours of Nurgle. I'm not sure I'll be able to bring much terrain though - maybe some scatter/area stuff and a few crates but I won't have my normal complement of ruins. Will we be able to accommodate everyone in that case?
I can bring by second box of stuff in that case, although it’d be helpful if someone could bring a couple kill team boards!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:41 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:13 am
I can bring by second box of stuff in that case, although it’d be helpful if someone could bring a couple kill team boards!
I can bring boards for sure - they fit in a bag.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:59 pm

SoE hasn't been lifted but I'm going to break my arbitrary rule and come along, see you folks tomorrow!

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:13 pm

I'll be a little late (maybe about 30-40mins) arriving this morning. You guys play your games first ^^

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:20 am

Thanks for the games today folks! It was great to push through so many.

Big thanks to @Grantholomeu for running in the Nurgle army, they definitely had Grandfather's blessings today :lol:

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:11 am

A lot of fun! 4 games is pretty tiring, especially when you get tabled in 3 of them :lol: but I got some good loot for my dudes and had a good time, so it's all good. Hopefully the blight-hauler's terrible outing was the first-use curse, and they can get the nurglings out of its workings before I field it again!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”