July Games Day: 7/25 at E-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: July Games Day: 7/25 at E-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:56 am

We'll know exactly what's in the book for a week beforehand but since Battlescribe et al probably won't update that early I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to build your list from YouTube screenshots 😅

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:29 am
Orks Codex will be out (in the collector's box) the day before - will we be seeing them on the table in all their new glory? 😃
I'd be surprised if we can get all of the rules leaked and put up online that early - I also don't want to fuss around with a bunch of rules I've only just tried to learn that morning, so probably not. :lol:

I can bring around 44PL of Orks all up (only around 33PL will actually be painted, though). Depending on how much Karantu ends up bringing, we could do a pretty decent sized 2v2 with Imperium vs Orks.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:19 am

Mattb wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 am
I'd be surprised if we can get all of the rules leaked and put up online that early - I also don't want to fuss around with a bunch of rules I've only just tried to learn that morning, so probably not. :lol:
Whether or not the rules are leaked, perfectly legit reviews should arrive this Saturday evening. But Codex: Youtuber Slowly Leafs Through A Book in Hi Def While Reading It Out does have some usability problems, it's true :lol:
I can bring around 44PL of Orks all up (only around 33PL will actually be painted, though). Depending on how much Karantu ends up bringing, we could do a pretty decent sized 2v2 with Imperium vs Orks.
I'm always up for a 2x2 but I am not bringing as strong a list as last month's Sisters so fair warning to anyone who teams up with me!

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Mattb wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 am

I can field around 54PL painted at the moment and more than double that if I include unpainted models. However, that weekend is a 4 day weekend so I'm thinking of doing a 3 day painting marathon/frenzy so hopefully I'll have a bit more than that. We could also reorganize our models to fit our lists better. For example my bikes would be pretty happy joining an Evil Suns detachment.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:50 am

Karantu wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm
I can field around 54PL painted at the moment and more than double that if I include unpainted models. However, that weekend is a 4 day weekend so I'm thinking of doing a 3 day painting marathon/frenzy so hopefully I'll have a bit more than that. We could also reorganize our models to fit our lists better. For example my bikes would be pretty happy joining an Evil Suns detachment.
Sure! I'm sure we scrape enough together to make 75 PL, even if I contribute a little less. Although I might not bring as much as I thought - I was thinking of picking up a Deffkilla Wartrike before the long weekend, but it's looking like things will be getting nerfed quite a bit so might hold off and see if there's a better option.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 am

Mattb wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:50 am
Sure! I'm sure we scrape enough together to make 75 PL, even if I contribute a little less. Although I might not bring as much as I thought - I was thinking of picking up a Deffkilla Wartrike before the long weekend, but it's looking like things will be getting nerfed quite a bit so might hold off and see if there's a better option.
Should know what the better options are tomorrow night so you should still have time. Ring Tail does overnight delivery...

More seriously if we aim for a 75PL Orks vs Whoever game we'll be set. I'll have 75PL so worst comes to worst I can represent the Imperium myself, but there should be lots of 25PL and 50PL forces floating around to make a 2v2.

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:27 am

Mattb wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:50 am
Karantu wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:16 pm
That sounds good. I'm pretty sure we can figure something out regardless. As long as we get a WAAGGGHHH going there's nothing to worry about. The new rules are going to take some getting used to though so I'm glad we're sticking with the old rules this time.

Irongutsman
Rookie

Post by Irongutsman » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:14 am

Any takers for AoS 3?

Happy to teach & bring a second army if anyone would like as well, although I'm still learning aos 3 myself.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:48 am

Irongutsman wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:14 am
Any takers for AoS 3?

Happy to teach & bring a second army if anyone would like as well, although I'm still learning aos 3 myself.
I'll have my Maggotkin and plan on playing at least one game!

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:36 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:48 am
Irongutsman wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:14 am
Any takers for AoS 3?

I'll have my Maggotkin and plan on playing at least one game!
I too am hoping for a game although it depends on how much I can put together
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”