July Games Day: 7/25 at E-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

July Games Day: 7/25 at E-able Nagoya

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:49 am

Hi all!

The Nagoya Miniature Games Club game day in July will be on Sunday the 25th, at e-able Nagoya, near Higashi-betsuin - we'll have the room from 9 til 4. As usual, it's 500 yen if you play any games, free if you just want to drop by and say hi and look around!

As for me, that's the day I'm scheduled for my second jab, so I probably won't be able to make it - I might roll in 1:00 or 2:00-ish to say hi, though, just 'cause it's been so long since I've shown my face at an event.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: July Games Day: 7/25 at E-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am

I'm planning to be there - the question is what will we be playing?

I would like to kick off the second 40K campaign phase with a 50PL game if possible - my Wolves, Nurgle and Drukhari are all overdue for an appearance at that size.

But it's also the new AoS edition and it'd be cool to kick off some Path to Glory; I don't want to race to get my Stormcast painted but I *do* have an entire Nurgle army up my sleeve that's already painted to a much higher standard than I'd manage anyway 🤔

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:58 pm

I am planning on being there - I will definitely bring 40k, crusade or maybe a 1500 game would be ok. I will try and have a AOS army ready as I was gifted on Father's day with a new AOS army and I am pumped for the new Path of Glory. If some can tell me where I can get the rules.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 pm

Balloonacorn wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:58 pm
I am planning on being there - I will definitely bring 40k, crusade or maybe a 1500 game would be ok. I will try and have a AOS army ready as I was gifted on Father's day with a new AOS army and I am pumped for the new Path of Glory. If some can tell me where I can get the rules.
If you don't have the book, a YouTube channel called 2+ Tough has a couple videos where he walks through setting up a Path to Glory warband, with nice clear shots of the rulebook as he reads through.
Video 1
Video 2
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 am

I'll be around for 40k stuff ^^ :D

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:28 am

I should be there with my 40k stuff for matched play or crusade. Unfortunately no AoS for me yet, sorry!
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am
I'm planning to be there - the question is what will we be playing?

I would like to kick off the second 40K campaign phase with a 50PL game if possible - my Wolves, Nurgle and Drukhari are all overdue for an appearance at that size.
I'm ok with anything - my Guardsmen will be ready to get their butts kicked for the Emperor if you want to score some campaign points for the invaders or raiders. :)
OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:53 am
I'll be around for 40k stuff ^^ :D
I would like to try out my Orks if you want to play a game between the two winless armies. :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:32 am

Looks like the ideal starting size for playing AOS will be 750 points, as that uses the same size table as Combat Patrol and Incursion for 40K. Once you kick up to 1000 points it's twice the size.

That's less of a problem than for 40K because terrain looks to be much less important, so less terrain can go around more tables (and it doesn't need to be 5" high). But probably easier to start out on the smaller size.

(Still start your Path to Glory at whatever size you like, I'll probably go big as I discover more and more Stormcast in the old pile o'shame, and count just how many Plaguebearers I got from Grant 😅).

The only minor problem is I really have no idea how many points things are worth, there's no PL equivalent and I didn't buy the General's Handbook. So hopefully apps and things are updated soon?

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Its likely that I'll be able to make it this time but I have no idea what to bring with me. Which probably means I'll default to 40k.

Starting AoS3.0 Path to Glory at 750pts shouldn't be a problem but like you said it would be nice we could get the points soon. What happened to that brand new app that was supposed to be accompanying the launch of AoS3.0? They obviously aren't adding any 3.0 content to the old app so I guess the only proper way to play AoS3.0 Path to Glory at the moment is to buy both the Core Book and GH2021 which comes up to 15,300 yen... That seems like a little bit much for two books that are going to have a lifespan of roughly an year or so at best.

Anyway, I refuse to buy any physical AoS books so until they figure that app out I'm going to be dead in the water.
Maybe I'll get that game I'm working on to a playable state and demo it or something instead.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:31 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 pm
Balloonacorn wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:58 pm
If you don't have the book, a YouTube channel called 2+ Tough has a couple videos where he walks through setting up a Path to Glory warband, with nice clear shots of the rulebook as he reads through.
Video 1
Video 2
This was very helpful. Thank you very much.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:59 am

Karantu wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:20 pm
Its likely that I'll be able to make it this time but I have no idea what to bring with me. Which probably means I'll default to 40k.
Let's get a mini waaagh going. :lol:

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”