August Games Day: 8/22 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: August Games Day: 8/22 at e-able Nagoya

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:29 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:39 am
How did the games go today?
Fun! On my end, Tallgeese and I had a Dusk Raiders vs Thousand Sons battle, which on balance probably doesn't affect the outcome of the campaign at all, and was a draw at any rate. :lol:

Then Matt, jus and I had a 3-way battle, my 50PL of plague marines vs 25 of Guard and 25 of Black Templars, and it weren't pretty. :lol: I managed to kill a whole bunch of stuff, but got annihilated on points and ended up being tabled at the bottom of round 4, if memory serves. Manticores are serious business!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:51 am

Awesome! How big was the first game?

And yeah, Manticores are scary. I think they're scarier the smaller the game gets.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:52 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:51 am
Awesome! How big was the first game?
A 50pl-each Incursion!
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Nice - I've updated the scores, please let me know if any other games happened on the day!

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:06 pm

Tyranids and orkz had a 47PL game (with a revamp to the tyranid list) with a decisive orkz victory! Those explosion tactics and MVP boyz really did work!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:24 pm

Tyranii-chan wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Tyranids and orkz had a 47PL game (with a revamp to the tyranid list) with a decisive orkz victory! Those explosion tactics and MVP boyz really did work!
Yeah, Tyranids had a good first turn - wiping out the bikers and getting a first turn charge with the Genestealers. But da boyz were channeling Gork 'imself and went on a krumpin' spree. Also, yeah, it helps when you kill a carnifex by rolling a couple 6s to explode right next to him. :lol:

How did the Thousand Sons v Nids game go? You had to end it early, but I think you decided Nids came out a head in points?
The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:29 am
Then Matt, jus and I had a 3-way battle, my 50PL of plague marines vs 25 of Guard and 25 of Black Templars, and it weren't pretty. :lol: I managed to kill a whole bunch of stuff, but got annihilated on points and ended up being tabled at the bottom of round 4, if memory serves. Manticores are serious business!
Yeah, the Guard+Marines combo continued to be pretty unstoppable. It's pretty hard to compete with the Guard's board control when you have a bunch of crusading Marines punching you in the face.

I think if we end up doing a big Chaos v Imperium game, I'll have to be really careful with what I take - no Manticores or Russes of any kind; probably just infantry, chimeras and my Inquisitor.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:59 pm

It should also probably be noted that Matt was very gracious in intentionally passing up the chance to block one of my teleportation zones to let me have a little fun in the back line more easily. :lol:
Mattb wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:24 pm
I think if we end up doing a big Chaos v Imperium game, I'll have to be really careful with what I take - no Manticores or Russes of any kind; probably just infantry, chimeras and my Inquisitor.
I think a Manticore in a big game would be slightly less oppressive than in a smaller one like this, if still pretty scary - kind of like Transhuman Physiology, it's probably a case of powerful stuff getting multiplicatively more powerful in tighter games. Maybe. :lol: (It's also hard for me specifically to deal with because the DG just don't have long-range anti-tank sniping ability outside of the sponson cannons on a plagueburst crawler. My ability to take out tanks is basically limited to the couple multi-meltas I can get, and aside from that just punching them.)
-----

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:51 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:59 pm
I think a Manticore in a big game would be slightly less oppressive than in a smaller one like this, if still pretty scary - kind of like Transhuman Physiology, it's probably a case of powerful stuff getting multiplicatively more powerful in tighter games. Maybe. :lol: (It's also hard for me specifically to deal with because the DG just don't have long-range anti-tank sniping ability outside of the sponson cannons on a plagueburst crawler. My ability to take out tanks is basically limited to the couple multi-meltas I can get, and aside from that just punching them.)
Yeah, that and I was using vengeance for Cadia with it. It goes from a good unit to an insane one when it's rerolling all hits and wounds for a single CP.

I'm happy to try an (almost) all infantry list though. It won't be so competitive, but I think it'll be fun.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 am

As Death Guard anyway I'd be legit worried at massed lasgun fire TBH - that's lots and lots of dice that wound me just as well as bolters do, and I can't make 3+ saves forever.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:16 am

Mattb wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:24 pm
How did the Thousand Sons v Nids game go? You had to end it early, but I think you decided Nids came out a head in points?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I still need to know how big this game was and who won - the only ones who benefit from it not being recorded are the Imperium :lol:

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”