November Games Day: 11/21 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: November Games Day: 11/21 at e-able Nagoya

Post by The Underdweller » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:03 pm

Thanks for the games, Grantholomeu and Balloonacorn, I had a fun day playing with both of you.

Still lots of questions, but they were mostly different questions than last month, so I am learning.

I agree with Primarch, a 35 point game seems about right for now at least.

Balloonacorn, I think I found the answer to my question about markers. In the rules for the Corrupted Idols strategy, surprisingly enough:

"Drop the Strategy Marker anywhere within X" of its current location, not into base contact with a model or Impassable Terrain, where X is equal to the amount of damage suffered by the Interacting model"

So, I would not have been pushing it through the wall, but assuming 3" was enough so that it was on the far side of the wall, I could have dropped it outside. If not, it was basically immovable.

And in dropping markers in general: "Created Markers can overlap non-Impassable terrain, but they cannot overlap other Markers" - although "It can be put into base contact or even under a model’s base without issue."

So, for Search the Ruins scheme, I would not be able to drop an effective scheme marker if there wasn't enough space inside the building (impassible terrain) to fit it completely on your side of the table. Which makes sense giving the logistical difficulty of actually putting a marker inside the wall.

Regardless, I think you would have been slightly ahead of me at the end of the last round. But it was pretty close, so we'll have to have a rematch to determine the true master.

Konrad
Wargod

Re: November Games Day: 11/21 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Konrad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 pm

Got in an introductory game of Stargrave and squeezed in an afternoon rumble of Gorkamorka!

Stargrave is very much Frostgrave in Spaaaaaaace! And that is not a bad thing. Really simple rules, but deceptively so. I think it will take a while to figure out all the little tricks and strategies. Felt good to dig out my old, old Rogue Trader era Squats and get them on the board. Need to do some touch up painting. And I really want to make some new sci-fi terrain. Frostgrave calls for ruined space ships and steam vents and odds and ends and will be a good excuse to dig out the bitz box. Image Image

And always a pleasure to smash, crash and bash on the blood-soaked sands of Gorkamorka. It was a small game, but pretty brutal. I "won" but ended up with a gunner losing an eye and my "vehicle", a 1/35 scale Tamiya Triceratops, got damaged too. But I killed an Ork and will be hanging a new skull on the trophy rack! TRUKKOSAURUS!
ImageImageImage
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”