February Nagoya Games Day - 2/27 at e-able

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

February Nagoya Games Day - 2/27 at e-able

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm

As far as we know, the February games day is still on, on Sunday the 27th at e-able Nagoya. Kondo-san let me know that the plan is to have the event unless e-able closes the venue down - I'll keep the thread posted if anything changes.

As usual for that venue, we'll have the room from 9am to 4pm, and it'll be 500 yen for the day if you play any games.

I myself will be on an ill-advised but mandatory international business trip - wish me luck! :?
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: February Nagoya Games Day - 2/27 at e-able

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 am

At this stage I'm planning to be there but with a beady eye fixed on those Corona numbers all the way up to the 26th.

@Mattb the White Dwarf mission I challenged you to works like this:

Road Wars

- Can only take VEHICLE, BIKER, or FLY units, or units embarked in a TRANSPORT. I feel like CAVALRY should be on the list and intend to take Thunderwolves.

- No Deep Strike/Strategic Reserves

- Units in Transports can't ever disembark and can use any abilities as if they were on the battlefield (it reads like this makes everything Open Topped? Not sure I'll bother taking advantage of this but some armies may need it)

- Units that made a charge add +1 to hit and +1 to wound on Melee

- Units can shoot or charge after falling back but take -1 to their hit rolls

- There's a strat to add an extra 6" of movement to an advancing VEHICLE or BIKER

The mission objective is to collect loot counters, which you can do just by driving over them, and you drop them if you die. Every battle round after the first, everything on the board gets moved 9" towards the trailing edge, and we set up new terrain (and loot counters) within 9" of the leading edge.

I think with Space Wolves and Orks it'll devolve into carnage pretty quickly but should be funny.

Edit: What size would be good? I *think* I can do a Strike Force of go fast Wolves. I should also be able to do any size as a Crusade game, which I'd prefer but happy with whatever suits your Speed Waaaaaagh.

For the other session, happy to play 40K (including just that mission again if anyone wants a road war)/KT, AoS (incentive to paint dragons would be appreciated) or Aeronautica Imperialis.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 am
@Mattb the White Dwarf mission I challenged you to works like this:
That sounds hilariously awesome - seriously one of the more inspired missions I've seen. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this month sorry since it's on the same day as my son's birthday.

I should be around in March though! I also still really want to go up against your Sisters with my Orks sometime, too.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:09 pm

No worries Matt! Sisters vs Orks is a pretty fair fight so I'll look forward to that too.

Happy birthday to your son when it rolls around!

For my part I'd still really like to go but those Covid numbers are really not good. We'll see I guess.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:16 pm

Not coming this month. The numbers are just too high.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:22 pm

I'm going to pass on this month's game day too.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:24 am

Slight change of plans for me. My son's party is being moved to the week after because some of our family are busy, so I can probably make it for a little bit. I can't get there early, but I can make by lunch time or so if someone wants a game of something in the afternoon.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:01 pm

I didn't think a miracle would happen, and lo it didn't. I can't see myself getting on trains this weekend so I'll have to see you folks next month (fingers crossed).

asch
Veteran

Post by asch » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:20 am

While few hands are up, I am going to join the monthly games this month.
For your information, I will try another scenario setting for Stargrave with Itakura-san. If you join this month and interested in the game, we would be ready for a tutorial game.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:46 am

Did anyone end up getting in any games in yesterday? How did it go?

For my part I played a *lot* of Elden Ring.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”