May Games Day - 5/29 E-Able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Re: May Games Day - 5/29 E-Able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Tyranii-chan » Mon May 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Currently planning to be there with new crusade rules for nids! Only 50PL (well, 49) as I’m still levelling them up though :roll:

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Tue May 10, 2022 10:14 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:25 am
I have completed enough Aeldari that I can do a Strike Force game for sure without needing to pack a non-elf army. Did you want to do Matched Play specifically, Crusade, or just whatever on the day depending on who shows up?
At first I was thinking match play, but actually I just increased my crusade to 75PL - so maybe a crusade game at that size would be good?

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed May 11, 2022 1:20 am

Mattb wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:14 am
At first I was thinking match play, but actually I just increased my crusade to 75PL - so maybe a crusade game at that size would be good?
Perfect! I'll mostly have 0XP Asuryani but I'm sure I'll find some way to give you plenty of CP anyway :lol:

I'll pack the Tempest of War deck anyway so if anyone wants a matched play game we can deal one up.

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sun May 15, 2022 9:32 am

I should be around with my chaos stuff as usual. Cursade or otherwise for 40k.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon May 23, 2022 12:58 am

Got my fingerz crossed and me face painted blue, so with luck me and Ono will get some ohisashiburi GORKAMORKA! rollin'. Been a while since the one, the only TRUKKOSAURUS!!! has roared across the sand.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat May 28, 2022 11:43 pm

I missed my optimal train so likely to be a few minutes late, push some tables together for me :)

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun May 29, 2022 8:06 am

Thanks for the great games and even better company folks!

Sorry for the degree of Elf Bullshit but in my defence there were Tyranids on the table. I don't even think the full Harlequins treatment would have been enough, but when the minions of the Swarm Lord were making wound rolls like this...

Speaking of Tyranids, how did the final game with Jus' Black Templars end up?

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun May 29, 2022 8:54 am

Thanks for the game @The Underdweller.
Sorry it was kind of oppressive for a while.

Realized why We Are Legion felt weak:
We Are Legion wasn't faq'd to only work during friendly activations. Will of Cadmus was faq'd, so you can only view parasited enemies as friendly during friendly activations. So since We Are Legion is always active throughout the Activation Phase, Cadmus can pass off damage to other, actually friendly models during enemy activations I believe.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sun May 29, 2022 10:32 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:54 am
Thanks for the game @The Underdweller.
Sorry it was kind of oppressive for a while.

Realized why We Are Legion felt weak:
We Are Legion wasn't faq'd to only work during friendly activations. Will of Cadmus was faq'd, so you can only view parasited enemies as friendly during friendly activations. So since We Are Legion is always active throughout the Activation Phase, Cadmus can pass off damage to other, actually friendly models during enemy activations I believe.
Yes, that sounds right. As long as you can't pass it back to me when I hit you on my activation, I am happy! Don't worry about the first part of the game; you played well, and as you said, it was more even than it looked at the start.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun May 29, 2022 12:55 pm

Thank you to everyone for great games and conversation.

And an extra thank you to Jye for the boards, terrain and rules clarification.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”