June Games Day - 6/26 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Konrad
Wargod

Re: June Games Day - 6/26 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Konrad » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:00 am

Waaaaaagh! Last month's Gorkramorka action saw the Skimma Skavs capture one of TRUKKOSAURUS's crew. So this month the crew will be rolling back to the fort to stage a daring rescue.
Got some Stargrave scheduled too.
@Prim- We were talking about putty the other day, weren't we? I'll bring a few pinches of putty for you to play with. Brown stuff and Procreate, right?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 am

Konrad wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:00 am

@Prim- We were talking about putty the other day, weren't we? I'll bring a few pinches of putty for you to play with. Brown stuff and Procreate, right?
That would be awesome, thanks.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:44 pm

Note for everyone playing 40k this weekend: there are new points and a new Balance Dataslate out. Particularly relevant for Tyranids, but Guard got a spicy little treat in the form of Armour of Contempt for their vehicles, and if anyone was thinking of busting out their Necrons now would absolutely be the time.

No PL update yet, but I'm hoping by printing out my list today I can make it release tonight when it'll be maximally inconvenient but still useful.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:56 am

Sorry I didn't have time to hang out and chat with everyone today, but it was great to see everyone and watch people having fun rolling dice/flipping cards.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:57 am

Primarch wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:56 am
Sorry I didn't have time to hang out and chat with everyone today, but it was great to see everyone and watch people having fun rolling dice/flipping cards.
How did the HH game end up?

Thanks to everyone for the great games and better company! I didn't deserve my victory at Titanicus (Dave had a long way to close over ground I was pointing a lot of guns at) but I did richly deserve my comeuppance in 40k so it evens out :lol:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:11 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:57 am
Primarch wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:56 am
How did the HH game end up?
We rolled up quite an appropriate mission for the start of our Heresy journey. The mission was Blood Feud (Choose a unit type and you get VP for each unit that you eliminate) and the deployment was Ambush. All of the Ultramarines began in the centre of the table with the Word Bearers coming on from both sides. The Ultramarines used their amazing tactical knowledge to seize the initiative and started gunning down traitors. Things swung back and forth a bit, the Word Bearers' captain was struck down by the Ultramarines' captain in a duel that saw the former's invulnerable saves spectacularly fail. The latter's victory was short lived though as he died to a strike from a Terminator's power fist the next turn. Sadly the Ultramarines reinforcements were delayed (no doubt due to some warp related trickery on the part of the Word Bearers), which led to the noble sons of Ultramar being caught in a pincer movement and all but wiped out by the end of turn 5. All in all, a bloody clash and a lot of fun.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:58 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the great games and better company! I didn't deserve my victory at Titanicus (Dave had a long way to close over ground I was pointing a lot of guns at) but I did richly deserve my comeuppance in 40k so it evens out :lol:
Thanks for the game yesterday! Genuinely sorry we ganged up on you in the first turn - to be honest, I'm terrified of your Sisters. :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:45 am

Mattb wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:58 pm
Thanks for the game yesterday! Genuinely sorry we ganged up on you in the first turn - to be honest, I'm terrified of your Sisters. :lol:
The Sisters threat is real! Also, when I say I richly deserved it, I can appeal for independent confirmation from @The Other Dave who has persevered through many, many 3 player Underworlds games where I have set him up for a similar fate.

Was very impressed by the Thousand Sons though. They have the AP to cut through Armour of Contempt and that's a valuable commodity now.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:46 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
It was rough work, but definitely good fun! The fact that I came *this* close to blowing up one of your Warlords with my Nurgle aura shenanigans is almost a moral victory in itself (although it would have been more of one if I had *actually* blown it up :lol:).
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:27 am

Had some Imgur issues, so took a bit to get the pics up. Got in a whoppin' two games of GoMo last weekend. First up, TRUKKOSAURUS came rollin' in to rescue a captured lad. Really exciting, back and forth battle. TRUKKOSAURUS swerved onto a rock first turn and was immobilized, but then Bossosaurus, just chopped a bloody path to the captive, freed the hapless lad, but they got cut off as they were legging it off the board. We had the fort out so 2nd game was da Seige. The Skimma Skavs staged a daring raid on FORTOSAURUS! Again, a really close game. The Skavs got the loot, but they had a lad captured in return! Looks like we'll be doing another "One Uv Da Ladz Iz Missin'" next time. 🙂 I also squeezed in 3/4 of a game of Stargrave. Dwarves....in...Spaaaaaace! And I had to take a pic of the Frostgrave game going on in the morning. Aru-u hi, morinonaka....

Image [img]https://i.imgur.Imagecom/IGrO8yp.jpg[/img] Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”