July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:00 am

I should be attending. I would like a smaller game of Malifaux, 30-35pts, or core boxes only.

I will bring along my Crusade Lions @ 50PL as a alternative
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm

@Grantholomeu, Balloonacorn:

I'm fine with a 50 point game or two 30-35 point games, depending on how things work out.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:55 am

Mattb wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:42 pm
I should be there! I'm even going to try have 25PL/500pts of Emperor's Children done by then (no promises though.)
The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:50 am
I ought to be there as well! And I double promise I'll actually bring 40K and only 40K along. :lol: (I do not promise I'll really remember how to play the game or be any more than vaguely aware of any rules and balance updates that have happened in the last 6 months, though.) But anything between 25 and 100 PL will definitely be workable.
I've been really keen to have a bigger game with my Imperial Guard for a while now. Any chance you'd be interested in a 75-100PL game? I'll keep the relic of lost cadia at home for balance! :lol:
Sure, sounds good!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:13 pm

The Underdweller wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm
@Grantholomeu, Balloonacorn:

I'm fine with a 50 point game or two 30-35 point games, depending on how things work out.
The two of you figure out what you want to play. I am flexible, if there is no Malifaux this month I have other games I can play.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:30 am

I can do anything.

If we do smaller games, we might need 4 people playing Malifaux for everyone to be gamed up all day though.

Also if we do smaller games, I might try and get all my Jedza stuff together and take her for a spin to see how she plays for at least one game.

P.S. It just amused me because you mentioned it @Balloonacorn. I realized that the Nexus core box would be basically unplayable as a stand-alone. It'd be 8 models: Nexus and 7 insignificant ones :lol:
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:55 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:30 am

P.S. It just amused me because you mentioned it @Balloonacorn. I realized that the Nexus core box would be basically unplayable as a stand-alone. It'd be 8 models: Nexus and 7 insignificant ones :lol:
Not planned but I would take that advantage - core boxes all the way!

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:59 am

@Grantholomeu, Balloonacorn

Unfortunately, we seem to be the only "hardcore" Malifaux players at the moment, so it's unlikely we will find a fourth player. Too bad there is no way to play 3 person.

It would be nice for everyone to get a game, and the whole day thing is pretty intense, so I would be fine with doing a morning game with Grantholomeu, say, and then Balloonacorn could do the afternoon, and I could just hang out, and maybe leave a bit early - that is assuming Balloonacorn can get a morning game of something else, and doesn't mind bringing along 2 games.

If it's easier for Ballonacorn to play something else all day, then I will take Grantholomeu up on his 50 point game offer.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:53 pm

The Underdweller wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:59 am
Unfortunately, we seem to be the only "hardcore" Malifaux players at the moment, so it's unlikely we will find a fourth player. Too bad there is no way to play 3 person.
Feeling a little attacked there. :D
I should be sticking around all day, so I can pack a small crew alongside my 30K stuff and play a game of Malifaux too.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:39 pm

Huzzah!

Shall we go for 30pts with masters?

I feel like 50pts with masters is obviously the most well balanced, but if we don't play with masters, crews don't really function how they're supposed to. Of course the flip side of that is masters become even more difficult to kill with only 30pts on either side, but they're quite difficult to kill even in 50pt games, so I feel that's a better sacrifice to make for the sake of playing quick and mostly well-balanced games. Thoughts?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:52 pm

@Primarch: Hey, no shame in being a casual! And there are a couple of other people with Malifaux models buried in their closets somewhere, I am sure.

I'm fine with 30 points with Masters. There is a fair chance that we will not finish a game of that in 3 hours of course, but we can give it a shot! Sounds like Primarch is free in the afternoon. So that would be me and Grantholomeu in the morning, and then we switch out to play Balloonacorn and Primarch.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”