July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:30 pm

I am OK with 30ss and I will find a 40k game for he AM
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:37 am

Currently planning to be there with the usual 50PL of nids and (finally!) the debut of 25PL of GSC! If you want a guaranteed 25PL win of a match now’s your chance! :lol:

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 am

I should be there. TRUKKOSAURUS unfortunately has to work that day, so I figure it will be STARGRAVE-o-rama.

@Underdweller- I'll bring that owlbear.
@Prim-I will actually bring those putty samples this time.
@All- I'll leave my Gorkamorka stuff at home and haul in the big case of figures. I need to do some cleaning, so feel free to rummage about and make an offer on anything that catches your fancy.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:47 am

Konrad wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 am
@All- I'll leave my Gorkamorka stuff at home and haul in the big case of figures. I need to do some cleaning, so feel free to rummage about and make an offer on anything that catches your fancy.
How much GW is likely to be in that big case?

Scubi
Rookie

Post by Scubi » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:38 am

I’m going to try and make it. Depends on how an important meeting the day before goes. (Might be depressed after. Haha)

I can bring some WarCry bands if someone has the terrain.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:54 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:47 am
Konrad wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 am
How much GW is likely to be in that big case?
There will be some classics. Metal NIght Goblin Squig herders, Mordheim Amazons, 1989 Rogue Trader pirates, I think the two-headed mutant's torso is made from a GW plastic skeleton..... I have a whole army of Squats made from kit-bashed Ork bitz! You interested? :mrgreen: Now that international mail seems to have sorted itself out, I'm going to try sell off some toys and streamline the collection this summer.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:00 am

Calling all Malifaux-ers

Anyone pre-flipping strats and schemes for this Gameday?

Anyone want to try GG3?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:45 am

While Covid numbers are looking scary, my plan is to hermit otherwise and then spend my risk on game day.

@Prim if you're still coming, do you have a points value in mind for 30K? I'll have to play Pride of the Legion but within that constraint I can play whatever.

For 40K I'll have 100PL of Wolves - mostly Termies and vehicles.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:04 am

@Balloonacorn - Sure, I can play GG3.

@Jye - It's really up to you. I can easily field a couple of thousand points of traitors. Don't forget that you will need a model with the Master of the Legion rule (Usually a Praetor or a Centurion with the Delegatus upgrade) to unlock Pride of the Legion. I'm still not sure how I'm going to deal with all those 2+ saves to be honest.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:15 am

@Malifaux

I haven't had a look at GG3 (or 1 or 2 for that matter), but I would be willing to try it. Do we have to flip for strategies and schemes in that case?

Since Grantholomeu and I are playing in the morning, I assume in the PM we will be switching off to play with either Primarch or Balloonacorn. Either that or Grant and I play a 50 Soul Stone game all day.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”