July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: July Games Day - 7/31 E-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:01 am

@Malifaux

I'll flip and post in Malifaux General Chat momentarily.
I'll do GG3 since it seems everyone's happy to try it.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:07 am

Primarch wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:04 am
@Jye - It's really up to you. I can easily field a couple of thousand points of traitors. Don't forget that you will need a model with the Master of the Legion rule (Usually a Praetor or a Centurion with the Delegatus upgrade) to unlock Pride of the Legion. I'm still not sure how I'm going to deal with all those 2+ saves to be honest.
🤔 2k? 3k is probably a bad idea because I don't know what I'm doing but it'd be nice to have a substantial force on the table.

I was going to just count all of my Indomitus Terminators as Cataphractii (basically once you make the simplifying assumption I'm only using one kind of terminator, the equipment is all WYSIWYG after that) and use a Terminator Captain as a Cataphractii Praetor, but I might just paint the sword Praetor anyway.

If we're concerned that a straight up wall of 2+ saves makes for a bad game, I can round up a bunch of Intercessors and use them as Tac squads maybe?

Something like:

HQ:

Sword Praetor 150
Speaker of the Dead 130

Elites:

Cataphractii Squad: 430 (+ Spartan 400)
Contemptor Talon: 385
Legion Veteran Squad (6 models) 178

Troops:

Tactical Squad x 2 210

Plus some miscellaneous wargear?

asch
Veteran

Post by asch » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:55 am

I would be there this month.
While HH is the current buzz on my Twitter TL, I am rather inclined to skirmish battles.

@Konrad
I love to join your Stargrave-o-rama with my new crew(s).

I would bring my GSC (and AM) for possible Killteam games, too.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:42 am

Sorry everyone, I'm going to have to cancel for this Sunday. Corona is continuing to skyrocket, (roughly 2% of ALL Corona cases in Japan so far happened today), and being vaccinated doesn't appear to prevent contracting the newest variants.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes for my opponents, I was really looking forward to a day of 30K and Malifaux. I hope that if you do attend that you can line up another game.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Hmm, I think I'm still going to plan on going. I need to pick up primer from Volk's anyways, so I figure being in masked, mildly close contact with a few more people isn't the biggest deal. Of course that's assuming an absolute need for primer...

So The Underdweller and I could play a big game, but then Balloonacorn, you'd have to find something to do in the afternoon. Is that possible or is everyone booked already? Or we could just do a short game and "winner plays Balloonacorn" kind of thing. However short games are often not completely black or white, so that might be hard to decide on.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:31 am

I think not going is the right call, but going is one of the better wrong calls if you're allowing yourself a few for mental health.

I'm a bit giri giri but more about the train ride there and back than the day. Still planning on coming at this stage because I'm confident that I won't be bringing Covid with me, and because today I'm starting over a month of "garden leave*" and I'll otherwise be in very deep hermit mode.

But I'll certainly stew on it in the meantime. Numbers are way higher than other times I've given it a miss.

* I let my company know I'd accepted a role with their competitor. They quite reasonably decided I didn't need any system access during my notice period :lol:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:19 am

So my actual change of plans is that I'm going to bring elveses instead of Marines, the Wolves can wait until they can pull double duty in 30k & 40k.

Ideally I'll play 40k all day but I'll toss in some KT and Warcry teams just in case.

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:12 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 pm

So The Underdweller and I could play a big game, but then Balloonacorn, you'd have to find something to do in the afternoon. Is that possible or is everyone booked already? Or we could just do a short game and "winner plays Balloonacorn" kind of thing. However short games are often not completely black or white, so that might be hard to decide on.
I will find some other games to play. Have fun and I call dibs on Malifaux for September.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

jus

Post by jus » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:28 am

I plan to be there and I'll be bringing a short demo of the boardgame that I'm making if anyone has some free time to give it a playtest. ;)

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:17 am

I am looking for games of Crusade @50PL and or Warcry if someone can tell me where to get the current points.

Anyone else want to refresh Warcry before the new rules kick in?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”