August Games Day: 8/28 at e-able in Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: August Games Day: 8/28 at e-able in Higashi Betsuin

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:03 am

Congratulations, Matt :) New babies are always wonderful news :)

As for me, I'm posting here because shockeroonie but I'm actually going to make it up this month! :o However, I'm going to be bringing my kids*, and am mostly coming to exchange a Malifaux mini with Balloonacorn and buy Jye's Necrons off him. Realistically I will probably not be able to play any games :( . My kids are interested in learning 40k, but they haven't played a proper game before, and also haven't yet painted enough to play with. (And a couple weeks ago when a mate of mine came over to teach me the ropes of 9th ed, both kids wandered off pretty quickly and went back to the Switch).

So, with that in mind, would it be ok with folks if me and my kids just kind of drifted round the tables and had a wee look at what games are going on? If by some weird spurt of effort they do actually manage to get enough minis done this week for a wee skirmish, I can set that up in a corner somewhere, hopefully, but basically I foresee us popping in, trading a couple minis, paying for a bunch of 'crons, and then hovering around looking over people's shoulders until the kids get bored and we go off somewhere else for a bit.

So, hopefully I'll see y'all at the end of the month :D

*This is basically why I'm able to come up at all. 🤷
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:04 am

New gamerlings are always welcome!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:23 am

Life permitting, I plan to be there with 25PL of GSC and 50PL of nids! Things have been flakey so if I do turn up, it will be a great opportunity to score a pick-up game at least! :lol:

jus

Post by jus » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:12 am

I'm going to be there to occupy a corner of the room with my boardgame dev kit for any interested in board game dev and wish to lend a helping hand. The work proceeds apace.

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:38 pm

jus wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:12 am
I'm going to be there to occupy a corner of the room with my boardgame dev kit for any interested in board game dev and wish to lend a helping hand. The work proceeds apace.
Always willing to lend a hand with this mate!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:25 pm

jus wrote:
Still interested in Blackstone? If you’re not up for the time commitment it’s no big, I can bring something else.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:51 am

OK, looks like I'll be bringing some other stuff along! I'm not sure I have the energy for a whole game of 40K, so I may just chuck Underworlds and Bladeborn in the bag and see if anyone wants a demo of either and/or both! If not I'll just kibbitz.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

jus

Post by jus » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:57 am

Tyranii-chan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:38 pm
jus wrote:
Always willing to lend a hand with this mate!
Smashing! Always appreciated. I shan't forget to bring you your "stuff". I also have "stuff" for Jye and Tod too.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:34 am

OK I will actually be bringing a bit over 100PL of the "Emperor's Children" (Black Templars), so I can play any size game in the other session to the 50PL game planned with Tallgeese.

Not planning on bringing anything else at this stage, so looking like a full day of 40K.

I will also have:

- Traitor Guard for Ballonacorn
- Indomitus Necrons for MiJ
- Cash for my order from Jus' Splendid House of Resin.

Am I forgetting anything? 😅

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:17 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 pm

Awesome. My roster will be floating somewhere between 50-100PL so I'll have slightly different lists for Night Lords/1K Sons - a big tank for the former, more Gravis marines with bigger guns for the latter. Either way there'll be Vanguard Veterans, Assault Intercessors and a very tanky Primaris Captain. If you haven't played Black Templars yet (did you play Jus' team?) they have a 5+++ vs mortals and tend to have 5++ in general.

Still not actually that good compared to Sisters/Custodes/Aeldari etc but hopefully won't get swept off the board too quickly 😅

Do you want to line up a game for the morning or afternoon slot or just see what happens on the day?
No I haven't played against Justin's new team. Played against the older tries though I so I am vaguely familiar. It's probably going to be my 1k sons as I couldn't finish painting in time. Anytime is fine for me.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”