September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/25

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/25

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:06 pm

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:21 am
me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:10 am
stuff I said
I can help you out with 40k. I'll bring my Night lords along for some fun. Let me know how many Power Level you want to play. It is easier to use PL than points at first.
That would be fantastic, and very much appreciated. Thank you. What would you say is a reasonable size for a game? If someone is kind enough to play Sean at Underworlds, he can be doing that while you, me and Noah play a 3p game. If there are no takers for UW, then Sean has his necrons assembled but not painted yet, and may have to endure the shame of playing with unpainted minis (he says he doesnt want to use my eldar or nurgle guys.) So we could maybe do a 2 vs 2 game, with my eldar and Noah's Ultramarines on one side vs your Night Lords and Sean's 'crons on the other? Fwiw, Noah will (hopefully) have ready:

5 Assault Intercessors
5 more Assault Intercessors
10 Tac marines
3 Aggressors
1 Dreadnought
3 Outriders
1 Primaris Cap'n
1 Primaris Lt.

That all comes to 44PL, or 865pts according to Battlescribe. It also actually fits into a proper battalion detachment, which is a good thing, I guess?

Sean's necrons are (basically Indomitus + 10 warriors and Illuminor Szeras), all of which doesnt fit into any kind of formation, but could conceivably be trimmed into an outrider detachment. (the scarabs are FA choices). If I do that, it comes to 41PL, or 810pts. (that's for Szeras, Skorplord, 2 X Warriors, 3 X Scarabs, CanReanimator, and Skorpekhs)

As for my eldar, I have a buttload, so I can match whatever you deem appropriate (probably. It'll depend slightly on where units fit into the new FOC.)

What do you reckon? Let me know if those are realistic lists, or if I'm doing this all wrong, or, yknow, whatever :D Many thanks, and we're looking forward to the game. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu :)

ps I'm looking at my corsairs just now, which heavily feature Legends units (due to them being squatted viciously by GW. grumblegrumblegrumble.) Is that ok for you? They're far from overpowered. In fact, the 41PL list I'm looking at just now is apparently only worth 603pts, which seems way off, but that's the price you pay for using old stuff, I guess.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:06 pm
What would you say is a reasonable size for a game?
I would say 25PL forces are best for starting, and if you're playing multiplayer while learning having each side be 50PL total (eg 2x25 versus 1x50) would be ideal. That should keep the number of moving parts manageable and help the game fit into a session.

I'm also happy to play the boys - or anyone else at any experience level! I think we have an informal ethos of just trying to make sure everyone gets a game. We can change our plans to fit whatever combination of people is there on the day.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:20 am

Jye - thanks a lot for what is very useful info, as well as the kind offer of a game. I'll get onto building 25PL lists for all of us. Is it important to be able to fit a detachment into that 25PL? I haven't tried yet but that seems quite tight.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:25 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:20 am
Jye - thanks a lot for what is very useful info, as well as the kind offer of a game. I'll get onto building 25PL lists for all of us. Is it important to be able to fit a detachment into that 25PL? I haven't tried yet but that seems quite tight.
25 PL games *must* use a Patrol detachment and only a Patrol detachment. That's easy though - one HQ, one troops unit. The other slots are tight (up to two elites, two heavy support, two fast attack) but that's usually not an issue at 25 where you'll run out of PL long before slots.

Of course if your kids have their heart set on a combo that doesn't fit we can bend the rules but that should be an edge case at 25.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:52 am

@jye - ah, that seems much more doable. Let me get onto battlescribe and see what I can cook up. Much obliged for your help *tips cap*

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:29 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Stuff you said
As Jye said 25PL should be enough for some fun. You bring whatever you want and don't need to tell me what you are bringing. Should be more fun that way lol.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:54 am

Waaaaaagh! I'll be down and getting in my annual dose of diesel, dust and blood with a bit of the old Gorkamorka! Anyone interested it's easy enough to do a quick "this is how you play" game. I have lots of spare Boyz and Trukks.
Depending on how it goes, I may do some Stargrave, too.
@MIJ- eh? Is that a Scotsman I hear? Be good to see you old man. How long has it been since you were up?
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 am

@konrad - aye, tis I. Actually, I was up last month as well. The secret, I have discovered, is to bring the kids. It'll be good to catch up with you again - it's been aaaaaages :)

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:01 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 am
@konrad - aye, tis I. Actually, I was up last month as well. The secret, I have discovered, is to bring the kids. It'll be good to catch up with you again - it's been aaaaaages :)
Is that a fact? I missed last month's. I was on like day 8 of my 10 days of Covid quarantine.

I'd make a "12 Days of Christmas" joke, but that would be pushing the season.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:47 am

My greatest apologies but due to an unexpected family matter I won't be able to make it this game day.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”