September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/25

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Balloonacorn
Veteran

Re: September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/25

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:47 am

Alternatively,

I could play Underdweller in the AM (as I haven't had a game with him in at least 6 months) and Grantholomeu could play Primarch.

I could play Grant in the PM and Primach could play Heresy?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:21 am

@Grantholomeu, Balloonacorn, Primarch

No worries, I know you guys already had games tentatively lined up.

If I get a morning game, great, otherwise, I have a board gaming event that I can get to a bit earlier in another location.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:11 pm

So, I'll be playing Malifaux in the morning with Grantholomeu (while Underdweller plays Balloonacorn).

That leaves me free in the afternoon.

Any takers for Warhammer 30K/Horus Heresy in the afternoon? I can bring along enough models for both armies if anybody would like a demonstration game?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:47 pm

Hi,
Since I am just getting into hobby I will come and observe ;) It might take a while to get an army ready to play so I was thinking about trying kill team first since its much smaller squads
Looking forward to 25th!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:48 am

Primarch wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:11 pm
So, I'll be playing Malifaux in the morning with Grantholomeu (while Underdweller plays Balloonacorn).

Any takers for Warhammer 30K/Horus Heresy in the afternoon? I can bring along enough models for both armies if anybody would like a demonstration game?
I reckon demo games are the way to go - similarly I could bring along demo sized forces for 9E and Kill Team so Surg (or whoever else was free and interested) could try various flavours of Warhammer.

Might make more sense for me to *start* with a demo game of 30k with a more balanced force rather than the Unlimited Dreadnought Works continually stomping off my backlog.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:48 am
Primarch wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:11 pm

I reckon demo games are the way to go - similarly I could bring along demo sized forces for 9E and Kill Team so Surg (or whoever else was free and interested) could try various flavours of Warhammer.

Might make more sense for me to *start* with a demo game of 30k with a more balanced force rather than the Unlimited Dreadnought Works continually stomping off my backlog.
Okay. I'll bring along two roughly equal* forces. Any chance you can bring a bit of terrain?

Since this will be Jye's first try of 30K, would anyone else like to join in as his opponent? It's as easy to explain the rules to two people as to one.

*Given that all legions use the same core list, even the best and the worst aren't too far apart.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:33 am

I should be able to make it this month, but only for the morning unfortunately. I'll bring a couple 40k armies, so hopefully I can fit in 2 games or so.
Surg wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:47 pm
Hi,
Since I am just getting into hobby I will come and observe ;) It might take a while to get an army ready to play so I was thinking about trying kill team first since its much smaller squads
Looking forward to 25th!
Hey welcome! If you're keen to try 40k then most of us will have more than one army with us if you want to give it a shot in simple demo game - not sure exactly what you're interested in, but between all of the 40k players we have a decent mix of factions.

But also Kill Team is great fun as well!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:40 am

Primarch wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 pm
Okay. I'll bring along two roughly equal* forces. Any chance you can bring a bit of terrain?
I will literally bring a suitcase full of terrain.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:10 am

Howdy - me and the kiddoes are thinking about coming up again this month. Noah will hoooopefully have some Ultramarines painted (details TBC, but hopefully a small but functional army) and Sean wants to play Underworlds. (I'll need to prep a deck if this comes to pass)

I wouldn't want to pull anyone away from a "proper" game, but if anyone is free for a wee bit, would anyone be interested in playing a game against a kid who (to be completely honest) doesn't really know the rules or have any grasp of tactics? They're both keen, and I'd like to encourage them 😊 Of course, I absolutely appreciate that all y'all ain't there to babysit, so if you have plans and/or can't be arsed dealing with an overenthusiastic 9/10 yo, then absolutely of course do your own thing. Sean is fairly capable of playing Underworlds, but for Noah and 40k, I was thinking to join the game with my eldar to assist him with basic stuff like following the rules 😂*

So, aye - mostly I'm just posting to let you know we'll probably be there. If anybody fancies a game, let me know, and I'll be much obliged to you *tips cap*

*Not that I know the rules, especially 😳
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:21 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:10 am
Howdy - me and the kiddoes are thinking about coming up again this month. Noah will hoooopefully have some Ultramarines painted (details TBC, but hopefully a small but functional army) and Sean wants to play Underworlds. (I'll need to prep a deck if this comes to pass)

I wouldn't want to pull anyone away from a "proper" game, but if anyone is free for a wee bit, would anyone be interested in playing a game against a kid who (to be completely honest) doesn't really know the rules or have any grasp of tactics? They're both keen, and I'd like to encourage them 😊 Of course, I absolutely appreciate that all y'all ain't there to babysit, so if you have plans and/or can't be arsed dealing with an overenthusiastic 9/10 yo, then absolutely of course do your own thing. Sean is fairly capable of playing Underworlds, but for Noah and 40k, I was thinking to join the game with my eldar to assist him with basic stuff like following the rules 😂*

So, aye - mostly I'm just posting to let you know we'll probably be there. If anybody fancies a game, let me know, and I'll be much obliged to you *tips cap*

*Not that I know the rules, especially 😳
I can help you out with 40k. I'll bring my Night lords along for some fun. Let me know how many Power Level you want to play. It is easier to use PL than points at first.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”