October Games Day - 10/30 in Osu

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

October Games Day - 10/30 in Osu

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:55 am

Hi all!

Here's the info for the October Nagoya Games Day.

Day & Time: Sunday October 30, 9:00-18:00
Place: Osu Ame-Yoko Rental Meeting Rooms, on the 4th floor in the Dai-Ichi Ame-Yoko Building, 1st meeting room
The address is 名古屋市中区大須 3-30-86, and here's the page with the map and such: https://osu-ameyoko.co.jp/%E8%B2%B8%E4% ... %E5%AE%A4/
(They put a helpful little video to help find the place on the Nagoya Minis twitter account: https://twitter.com/nagoya_mini/status/ ... TIPw6_45Vw )
As usual, 500 yen for the day to take part!

I ought to be there, and if @jus is still up for it, I'll be demoing some Epic 30K - if anybody besides him would like a game, I'll have two forces ready to go so you can try some Tiny Horus Heresy. I'll probably bring Underworlds along for some lunchtime play with one of the Gifu guys as well.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Re: October Games Day - 10/30 in Osu

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:21 am

Glad they posted that video, because there's no way I would have walked down that long, ominous alleyway otherwise. :lol:
As I'm sure will be shocking to everyone, I'll be around with Malifaux!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:34 am

Likewise I will be there playing 40k in a surprising twist!

I would like to play Custodes, post nerf and using some squishy Sisters of Silence to present a more balanced selection of targets. I might bring the Emperor's Children along as backup in case anyone doesn't want to try their luck against the Talons, or if there's a chance to tangle with their traitorous brethren.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:48 am

I should be there. Ideally I'd like 1 game of Malifaux at 50 stones played to completion.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:06 am

I'll be there for Malifaux too. I'm fine with either 2 smaller games or one large one.

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:52 pm

I hope to attend, too. I'd like to play Malifaux.

*If MiJ brings the troops I can bring my Exodites for them to play, too.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:08 pm

I wasn't sure about trying any of the campaign books past Charadon but it turns out instead of big name NPCs the Octarius story is about Orks vs Tyranids...🤔

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:59 pm

Awesome, four people for Malifaux right off the bat! I think I've played everyone most recently, having played Primarch and Kojibear last month, and The Underdweller three months ago. Obviously I'd like to get a game, but I would be happy playing anyone, so if you guys would rather play someone you've recently played or someone you haven't played in a while, go ahead and make it known and I'll fill.

Are we all available for one 50 soul stone game all day?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:58 am

Grantholomeu wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:21 am
Glad they posted that video, because there's no way I would have walked down that long, ominous alleyway otherwise. :lol:
As I'm sure will be shocking to everyone, I'll be around with Malifaux!
A long, ominous alleyway? Excellent. Happy Halloween!

Me and Itakura are going to do a bit of Strange Aeons, a Cthulu/pulp skirmish game in honor of the season.

Me and Matt Sanchez from the old days would play quite a bit. It has a really interesting campaign system. Each player has a team of investigators, but you never compete directly with your opponent's team like in Kill Team or Malifaux. You play one game with your investigators and the other player plays the monsters. And then you play another game, switching roles. The monsters are not at team and never gain experience. Unless.....you choose to make on a Nemesis! muhahahaha........
Anyhow, good fun. I might try and cobble together some gravestones or a suitably spooooky cabin in the woods.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:28 pm

I should be able to attend.

If anyone else is considering Malifaux that would be my first choice.

2nd, anyone want to try the new Warcry rules?

3rd, kill team or crusade?
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”