November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Surg
Rookie

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Surg » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:17 pm

I will bring my tau this time and would love to play some 25PL 40k games and or maybe learn some Kill Team.
See you guys there!

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:29 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:05 am
That would be most excellent and awesome, Jye! Poxwalkers sounds good to me. A smallish game is probably best, as Noah (my youngest) gets bored after a while if he's not climbing walls or summat equally physical. Maybe 25PL per player might work, if that's doable? I can bring 25 pts of something, and we have one adult and one kid per side. Or just a 4-way kill-em-all free for all. Whatever works for you. Many thanks for volunteering your time. I really appreciate it 🙏

If you wanted to do 2v2 it'd be better if I played another team because the Poxwalker list is garbage and whichever kid you put on my side would be losing in short order. You could either let me know how strong a team I should bring and I'll take 25pl of an appropriate faction, or we could try a bigger game where say your family with 25pl each murders 75pl of my happless Nurgle troops?

(The Plague Marines are actually very good but in this configuration you can shoot their zombie friends off the board before they get to you)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:58 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:29 pm
If you wanted to do 2v2 it'd be better if I played another team because the Poxwalker list is garbage and whichever kid you put on my side would be losing in short order. You could either let me know how strong a team I should bring and I'll take 25pl of an appropriate faction, or we could try a bigger game where say your family with 25pl each murders 75pl of my happless Nurgle troops?

(The Plague Marines are actually very good but in this configuration you can shoot their zombie friends off the board before they get to you)
As is typical, when I asked my kids which theyd like to do, one said "2vs2" and the other said "3vs1". 🤦

After some debate, we kinda sorta settled on 2 Vs 2, but if you think that 3 Vs 1 poxwalker horde might work better, or be more fun for you, that would definitely be negotiable at our end. As for power levels, my kids don't have a huge selection of units to choose from, and in particular lack vehicles of any kind (Noah wants a tank for Christmas, but that's a bit away yet). I'll talk to them and make up some provisional 25pl lists and let you know how they end up looking. Sean has Necrons and noah has Ultramarines, btw. I can bring crafties or dark eldar or plague marines - whatever would suit the matchup better.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:09 am

I'm afraid a family emergency has come up and I won't be able to attend this month. I hope everyone enjoys their games.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear that Prim, hope to see you next time.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:08 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:58 am
After some debate, we kinda sorta settled on 2 Vs 2, but if you think that 3 Vs 1 poxwalker horde might work better, or be more fun for you, that would definitely be negotiable at our end. As for power levels, my kids don't have a huge selection of units to choose from, and in particular lack vehicles of any kind (Noah wants a tank for Christmas, but that's a bit away yet). I'll talk to them and make up some provisional 25pl lists and let you know how they end up looking. Sean has Necrons and noah has Ultramarines, btw. I can bring crafties or dark eldar or plague marines - whatever would suit the matchup better.
3v1 would let your kids mow down some zombies in glorious carnage - just ask Josh and Matt who routed the gribbly fiends in September :lol:

2v2 is fine though - in that case I'll just use 25PL of whatever I'm taking (Tau or Custodes most likely, maybe Black Templars) and, if not play at cut-throat intensity, at least make a game of it and give the kid on my side a very solid chance of victory. Certainly easier on me at the packing stage!

I'd suggest some of your elves in that case.

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:05 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:58 am
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:29 pm

As is typical, when I asked my kids which theyd like to do, one said "2vs2" and the other said "3vs1". 🤦

I can also play with/against yous :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:23 am

@jye - tau, custodes or templars would all be great, as my kids haven't played against any of those armies yet. (And, er...neither have I, at least not in 9th ed)

@Surg - thank you! I doubt my kids would be up for two games in one day, but if you maybe wanted to join us and make it 5 players? I dunno how that might even work? Jye - any thoughts?

@Primarch - sorry to hear that. I hope things work out ok.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:27 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:23 am
@Surg - thank you! I doubt my kids would be up for two games in one day, but if you maybe wanted to join us and make it 5 players? I dunno how that might even work? Jye - any thoughts?
I think we could make that work but best to sort it out on the day - we'll just make sure everyone there for 40k gets a game, whatever arrangement that goal requires.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:22 pm

apologies for dipping off on a tangent, but last time I was up in Nagoyaland, someone mentioned to me about some hobby shop up there doing a 20% discount on GW stuff. What was said shop? I need to do some christmas shopping for the kids, and 20% off seems quite attractive, now I'm sitting looking at actual factual GW prices :shock:

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”