November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:28 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:22 pm
apologies for dipping off on a tangent, but last time I was up in Nagoyaland, someone mentioned to me about some hobby shop up there doing a 20% discount on GW stuff. What was said shop? I need to do some christmas shopping for the kids, and 20% off seems quite attractive, now I'm sitting looking at actual factual GW prices :shock:
🤔 Meruhen? I think it's Josh's regular place

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:46 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:28 pm
me_in_japan wrote:
apologies for dipping off on a tangent, but last time I was up in Nagoyaland, someone mentioned to me about some hobby shop up there doing a 20% discount on GW stuff. What was said shop? I need to do some christmas shopping for the kids, and 20% off seems quite attractive, now I'm sitting looking at actual factual GW prices :shock:
yep, this place
https://goo.gl/maps/myC6q8EAfa67t3Wk7

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:43 pm

Surg wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:46 pm
Jye Nicolson wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:
yep, this place
Correct! This is the place. Anything in store is 20% off, anything you order is also 20% off on arrival as long as it comes domestically. If he has to order it direct it will be RRP. Discount applies to paints and terrain as well.

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:38 am

I'll be able to make it for 40k shenanigans this month :D

Or 40k babysitting services/mtg commander ;)

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:25 pm

I won't be around this month, sorry, since I'm heading back home for the week.

I'll definitely see everyone next month, though!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:34 am

Tyranii-chan wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:43 pm
Surg wrote:
Jye Nicolson wrote:

yep, this place
Correct! This is the place. Anything in store is 20% off, anything you order is also 20% off on arrival as long as it comes domestically. If he has to order it direct it will be RRP. Discount applies to paints and terrain as well.
Thanks, folks!

How long does it take to get to this place from Nagoya city centre? And do you know if he does phone orders that I could go in and pick up? Or even get shipped to me, if it wasnt too pricey? It's just it costs me more than 4000yen just to come up to Nagoya and get home (with the kids) so if I have to do that to order, and then again to pick up, it kinda nullifies any saving I might make by using the store.

ps my apologies, but it's looking like neither the necrons nor marines will be painted up properly for the game. I'm working on it, but it turns out that kids are pretty damn busy on weekends, and by extension, so is me_"taxi man"_in_japan
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:42 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:34 am

Thanks, folks!

How long does it take to get to this place from Nagoya city centre? And do you know if he does phone orders that I could go in and pick up? Or even get shipped to me, if it wasnt too pricey? It's just it costs me more than 4000yen just to come up to Nagoya and get home (with the kids) so if I have to do that to order, and then again to pick up, it kinda nullifies any saving I might make by using the store.
It's about 30 minutes from Higashi Betsuin, plus a 10 minute walk once you get there. Aioiyama is the nearest subway station. They do let customers order, though I've never tried by phone. It's probably worth trying though.
There should be a number and opening times info here.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:29 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:34 am
Tyranii-chan wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:43 pm
Surg wrote:

yep, this place
Thanks, folks!

They do indeed take phone orders. In fact, this is probably the best way to do it - anything that’s already in the store he tends to put aside for you for a week or two. Then, he’ll order in what isn’t already there, he keeps a log book and will call you once your order arrives. He won’t know if it’s domestic or not until after he’s ordered, so anything ordered is best considered RRP until you pay. I’ve only ever had to pay full price once and that was for a Harpy, which were out of stock on GW at the time. Of course, your results may vary. The main things to consider here, and this is probably the main disadvantage, is that you must collect from the store and that it’s cash only. IIRC delivery day is on Friday. Prim’s directions are spot on.
No English, and he certainly doesn’t hold back with his Japanese. Super nice dude, he plays Tau.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:36 am

@Primarch and Tyranii-chan

cheers very much. I'll see if I can give him a call in the next couple of days. If he can get what I want domestically (and it all seems to be standard stuff, on the GWJ store as of now), then that'd be super helpful. Thanks, chaps :)

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:27 am

@Jye - we've had a bit of a snafu at our end. Sean (my eldest) went over on his ankle yesterday playing basketball and has sprained it sufficiently badly to need crutches and a cast. This makes travelling up to Nagoya somewhat tricksy. Hopefully Noah and I will still be able to make it, but fyi, we'll be down one boy. If Noah decides he's not keen to go without his brother, I maaaaaay have to cancel. I'll confirm today one way or the other. Sorry for the shenanigans. (Srsly, that's the second time one of my kids has been injured due to playing basketball, as Noah broke his elbow playing it back in April. Sports, man - it's a dangerous business...)

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”