November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Surg
Rookie

Re: November Games Day: 11/27 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Surg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:39 am

Thanks for the games today, good stuff :)
the foldable terrain is better than I expected it to be and it came with some objectives and difficult terain/trees. Now I can contribute more, maybe Jye wont have to bring so much stuff :)

Enforcer did better than I expected, broadside on the other hand was a bit disappointing

Mephiston
Rookie

Post by Mephiston » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks everyone for the games today, it was a pleasure meeting everyone!

My Necrons fared okay in the first game against something of a zombie horde. However, my Orcs were basically Cannon fodder in my other game!

Thanks again and I hope to make the next session in December!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:56 pm

Many thanks to Jye for today's game! Despite getting tired after a while, Noah very much enjoyed it. As for those pesky plague marines....well, at least we took out the death shroud? :cry: Them nurgly types are vexatiously hard to shift...

Also huge thanks to Justin for the printed minis. I very much look forward to getting some paint on ol' Chav. Then punchin someone inna face :twisted: (well, some dragon, anyway...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:59 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:56 pm
Many thanks to Jye for today's game! Despite getting tired after a while, Noah very much enjoyed it. As for those pesky plague marines....well, at least we took out the death shroud? :cry: Them nurgly types are vexatiously hard to shift...
In retrospect rather than adding Plague Marines to make up PL when you went over, I should have just ran the list as it was. They are ~1PL each and seemed like not much of a big deal, but it was more of the types of bodies your forces weren't well suited to taking out. Absolutely everything in both your armies was very good into poxies and they evaporated basically instantly but after that only the Dread's fist was really suited to the job of cleaning up Plague Marines. I reckon it could have handled 5 on its flank but not 10.

Next time if you like I can share the list ahead of time and we can figure out what would make a good game for the boys from your collection. Or maybe I should run Plaguebearers and Poxwalkers as an allied army and field a hundred of them and basically nothing else :lol:

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:25 am

Good time gentlemen, a pleasure meeting a couple new faces and seeing a couple new sets of toys.
Itakura brought a new Cthulu-themed board game called "Death May Die". Absolutely stunning monsters. The big baddies are so horrible you don't even want to pick them up, they are that creepy, crawly, tentecly. My Japanese sucks, so it was a challenge figuring out what all the rules written on my cards and what was going on, but everyone else was playing for the first time too, so not a big problem.

We actually ....won? My saw-off shotgun totin' nun sailed off with the requsite boatload of survivors while the other surviving player, a psychic fire-starter girl made a suicide dash into the final chamber stopped the ritual (of course there was a ritual) before being made into monster snacks. Very cinematic.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”