Nagoya December Games Day: 12/18 at e-able

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: Nagoya December Games Day: 12/18 at e-able

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:59 am

Looks like I will be able to come this Sunday after all, if anyone wants a game of Malifaux or a player for a board game, let me know.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:29 pm

@The Underdweller

Massive NexKids nerf declared.
Two days later, "Hmm, I think I can make it."
I see how it is...

But I'd be happy to play against you as Jedza.
If you don't mind my crew being mostly unpainted.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:36 am

@Grantholomeu

Well, I can't say that it wasn't welcome news! I suppose I should check to see if any of my models have had updates, as well.

I don't have a problem playing against unpainted models. I will bring Redchapel. 50 points, right?

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:39 pm

@The Underdweller

Yes, 50 sounds good. Also it'd be great if you can bring your little scatter terrain bits.
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:34 am

I couldn't find a mission I really liked for tomorrow, so I whipped up this quick one by changing the gimmick side of the scoring in an otherwise straightforward Hold One/Hold Two/Hold More mission from a Matched Play pack:

The Feast of Sanguinalia

It is the sacred duty of every Imperial citizen to ritually consecrate a gift to the Great Angel on the anniversary of his death, to honour his sacrifice for all of humankind.

It is the delight of almost everyone else to ruin this inane festival by desecrating the gifts, ideally under the same sacred laurels under which the corpse-worshippers so lovingly lay them.

Map

As per Conversion, Grand Tournament Pack Nephilim

Take and Hold (Progressive Objective)

At the end of their Command Phase, each player earns 5 VP for each of the following:
  • They hold one or more objective markers
  • They hold two or more objective markers
  • They hold more objective markers than their opponent
This objective cannot be scored in the first battle round, and a maximum of 45 VP can be scored from this objective.

Deliver the Gifts (Progressive Objective)

At the end of your Movement phase, one or more units from your army may commence the following action. Each unit commencing the action must be within range of a different objective marker, and this action cannot be performed by a unit within range of the central objective marker.

Sanguinis’ Little Helper: This action is completed at the end of your turn. This unit gains a Present token. A unit may not hold more than one Present token.

It's the Thought That Counts: If a unit in your army holding a Present token is destroyed within range of the central objective marker, you gain 5VP.

At the end of your Movement phase, one or more units in your army holding a Present token that is within range of the central objective marker can perform the following action:

Consecrate/Desecrate the Gifts: This action is completed at the end of your turn. Remove the Present token from this unit and gain 10VP.

A maximum of 45 VP can be scored from this objective.

Crusade Bonus:

The victor gains either 2RP or may choose two extra units to Mark for Greatness. Their opponent gains the bonus they did not choose.

Alternatively, in the spirit of Sanguinalia, the victor may choose to have all players gain 1RP and select one additional unit to Mark for Greatness.

Happy Holidays!

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:03 am

Hi
Something came up at the last moment and I will not be able to come after all :(
Have fun everyone and merry Christmas 🎄

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:02 am

Sorry you couldn't make it Surg, see you next time!

Thanks for a great day of gaming folks! Especially thanks to Matt and Josh for attacking the Holiday Special Mission with good cheer - I think the mission and map setup were OK but Repentia are just completely insane, sorry about that 🙇

And thanks to Chris for the awesome table of scenery and great game of Tempest in the afternoon with the four of us. For everyone else: turns out new Guard are very shooty but you still have to stand on things to win, and while I got my just desserts for the morning's slaughter, Josh and I stood our remaining units on the things as hard as we could.

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:42 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:02 am
Sorry you couldn't make it Surg, see you next time!

Thanks for a great day of gaming folks! Especially thanks to Matt and Josh for attacking the Holiday Special Mission with good cheer - I think the mission and map setup were OK but Repentia are just completely insane, sorry about that 🙇

And thanks to Chris for the awesome table of scenery and great game of Tempest in the afternoon with the four of us. For everyone else: turns out new Guard are very shooty but you still have to stand on things to win, and while I got my just desserts for the morning's slaughter, Josh and I stood our remaining units on the things as hard as we could.
Thankyou for the games today!

That second game was pretty silly when it came to our tanks, but it was still really good fun getting a chance to shoot stuff with our tanks - even it came at the cost of any victory points at all. :lol:

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”