January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:23 pm

よいお年を/明けましておめでとう (depending on when you read this). The January games day is at e-able Nagoya, on Sunday the 29th, in the usual room (3階大会議室).

As always, we have the room from 9am to 4pm (4:30pm deadline to be packed up and out), and it's 500 yen for the day if you play any games.

https://twitter.com/nagoya_mini/status/ ... l_8yhv2V2g

I will be there to play 40K as usual! This time I'm planning on bringing Tau and Custodes, to answer two important questions:

1. Does the combination of nerfs and new books make them playable in polite society?

2. What are they even going to do vs a parking lot of Leman Russes?

@Mattb - happy to answer your challenge to the Greater Good. Would you like a 50PL game or a 100PL? I thought I might be restricted to 50 but 100 actually looks quite doable.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:51 am

I'm planning on being there!

My big old box of Darkest Dungeon board game finally arrived this week, and jus and I are going to give it a go, so if one or two more folks want to try it out, hop on in! I've played through a questline solo, and can confirm that it's good fun, and "feels like Darkest Dungeon" in all the important ways.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm

@ToD
Ooo, I'd be very interested in snagging a spot in Darkest Dungeon.
No idea how the game plays, but if you get one character, I have a strong affinity for Plague Doctor. :D
Do you think it'd be a whole or half day commitment?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm

I will be there.

Hopefully I can mainline some Malifaux.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:50 pm

Balloonacorn wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm
I will be there.

I think I can come. Balloonacorn, it's been a while since we've had a game, would you like to play?

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:29 pm

Grantholomeu wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm
@ToD
Ooo, I'd be very interested in snagging a spot in Darkest Dungeon.
No idea how the game plays, but if you get one character, I have a strong affinity for Plague Doctor. :D
Do you think it'd be a whole or half day commitment?
I think the three quests to take down a single boss will be a half day affair!
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 pm

I wouldn't mind hopping in. Never heard of if before, but anything with the slightest wiff of Mordheim to it is a win for me. Some very, odd critters there. An interesting style, given the amazing, accurate sculpts you can do these days. I can see they are trying to match the sort of blocky old computer game graphics look and a bit of that old school- big heads/hands/feet look you'd get with old GW toys.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:41 am

Hmm, okay. Depending on what everyone wants to do in the second half of the day, I could bring Mysterium, but we could probably fit two, if not three games of that in a half day. If you've never played it before, it's an extremely not-crunchy game, where you're basically trying to describe a murder scene using art and no words. Or I don't know if more Darkest Dungeon is on the table, but we might just be able to do more of that if everyone is up for it?
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:20 am

Konrad wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 pm
I wouldn't mind hopping in. Never heard of if before, but anything with the slightest wiff of Mordheim to it is a win for me. Some very, odd critters there. An interesting style, given the amazing, accurate sculpts you can do these days. I can see they are trying to match the sort of blocky old computer game graphics look and a bit of that old school- big heads/hands/feet look you'd get with old GW toys.
It's a really good computer / tablet game too! Both very grim and very dark, with a strong Lovecraft vibe and a really cool Mignola-esque art style - I think you'd dig it.

That's 4 for Darkest Dungeon! (It's a very heavy box so I'll probably just bring that, so if anyone wants to swap in / out for an afternoon session it'll be very doable - or I'd happily play something else.)
-----

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:27 am

The Underdweller wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:50 pm
Balloonacorn wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm
I will be there.

I think I can come. Balloonacorn, it's been a while since we've had a game, would you like to play?
Sounds great!
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”