January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Underdweller
Legend

Re: January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:04 am

Balloonacorn wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:27 am
The Underdweller wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:50 pm
Balloonacorn wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:47 pm
I will be there.

Hopefully I can mainline some Malifaux.
I think I can come. Balloonacorn, it's been a while since we've had a game, would you like to play?
Sounds great!
Ah, I spoke too soon... looks like I have work that day. :(

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:09 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:20 am
Konrad wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 pm
I wouldn't mind hopping in. Never heard of if before, but anything with the slightest wiff of Mordheim to it is a win for me. Some very, odd critters there. An interesting style, given the amazing, accurate sculpts you can do these days. I can see they are trying to match the sort of blocky old computer game graphics look and a bit of that old school- big heads/hands/feet look you'd get with old GW toys.
It's a really good computer / tablet game too! Both very grim and very dark, with a strong Lovecraft vibe and a really cool Mignola-esque art style - I think you'd dig it.

That's 4 for Darkest Dungeon! (It's a very heavy box so I'll probably just bring that, so if anyone wants to swap in / out for an afternoon session it'll be very doable - or I'd happily play something else.)
Mignoliahiem! It's like chocolate and peanut butter!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 am

sorry - the kids and I won't be there in January. I shall instead be playing at home, as Ser Spev is coming to visit. Hopefully see you all next month, though! :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:20 pm

The Underdweller wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:04 am
Balloonacorn wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:27 am
The Underdweller wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:50 pm

I think I can come. Balloonacorn, it's been a while since we've had a game, would you like to play?
Sounds great!
Ah, I spoke too soon... looks like I have work that day. :(
No problem, next time.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:38 pm

I should be there! Not sure what I'll have with me though, but most likely Imperial Guard at the very least.
Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:23 pm
@Mattb - happy to answer your challenge to the Greater Good. Would you like a 50PL game or a 100PL? I thought I might be restricted to 50 but 100 actually looks quite doable.
I'll probably end up bringing a lot of Guard, so either is fine with me! I'd love to try doing a matched play or tempest of war game with points though, if it's not too much trouble.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:25 pm

Mattb wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:38 pm
I should be there! Not sure what I'll have with me though, but most likely Imperial Guard at the very least.

I'll probably end up bringing a lot of Guard, so either is fine with me! I'd love to try doing a matched play or tempest of war game with points though, if it's not too much trouble.
I'll see if I can do a 2000pt Ark list for Tau (might not be *100%* WYSIWYG but we'll see). I'll have the Matched Play book so that or Tempest will be fine.

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:50 am

Hello all! I was directed here from a member on Facebook. I have recently moved to the Nagoya area and was hopeing to meet people and play some games. Unfortunately at the moment all my warhammer stuff is still packed or being shipped. I am interested in going to this event and was wondering if anyone would mind if I played a game with them even if I don't have my own models. Either way I look forward to going for the day and talking with other warhammer fans! It's nice to be here.

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:56 am

I should finally be able to make it again! Any 40k stuff is fine with me ^^

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:58 am

devinkilp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:50 am
Hello all! I was directed here from a member on Facebook. I have recently moved to the Nagoya area and was hopeing to meet people and play some games. Unfortunately at the moment all my warhammer stuff is still packed or being shipped. I am interested in going to this event and was wondering if anyone would mind if I played a game with them even if I don't have my own models. Either way I look forward to going for the day and talking with other warhammer fans! It's nice to be here.
It should be fine, a few people bring more than 1 army sometimes ^^. What do you usually play? One of us probably have a similar army anyway.

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:09 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:58 am
devinkilp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:50 am
It should be fine, a few people bring more than 1 army sometimes ^^. What do you usually play? One of us probably have a similar army anyway.
I am most familiar with Sisters, Drukhari and Tau. Although I am open to learning any army really. I have been looking into Necrons recently as a next army to learn.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”