January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: January Nagoya Games Day: 29/1/2023 e-able Higashi Betsuin

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 am

devinkilp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:09 am
I am most familiar with Sisters, Drukhari and Tau. Although I am open to learning any army really. I have been looking into Necrons recently as a next army to learn.
Hi! I'd be happy to bring a spare army along for you to play - say 1000pts of Sisters? I *should* be able to bring along whatever you need for a 1000pt list.

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:48 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:34 am
devinkilp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:09 am
I am most familiar with Sisters, Drukhari and Tau. Although I am open to learning any army really. I have been looking into Necrons recently as a next army to learn.
Hi! I'd be happy to bring a spare army along for you to play - say 1000pts of Sisters? I *should* be able to bring along whatever you need for a 1000pt list.
Sure that sounds great! Thanks so much! Sisters is my main army and I sadly had to let most of them go in the move. I played bloody rose with Celestine and plenty of Repentia and other melee power houses. I will try to have my army ready for the next months meet up day. I am excited to play for the first time in what feels like forever.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:37 pm

devinkilp wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:48 pm
Sure that sounds great! Thanks so much! Sisters is my main army and I sadly had to let most of them go in the move. I played bloody rose with Celestine and plenty of Repentia and other melee power houses. I will try to have my army ready for the next months meet up day. I am excited to play for the first time in what feels like forever.
Awesome! Send me a 1K list and I'll let you know if I can cover it (should be able to, I have plenty of Sisters).

OZMS2Tallgeese
Warrior

Post by OZMS2Tallgeese » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:23 am

devinkilp wrote:

If you need a refresher partner I would be happy to help out too - as I need a refresher lol. I'll bring my Thousand Sons ^^

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:29 am

OZMS2Tallgeese wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:23 am
devinkilp wrote:

If you need a refresher partner I would be happy to help out too - as I need a refresher lol. I'll bring my Thousand Sons ^^
Yeah definitely! I played a lot at the beginning of Nephilim and not much since due to moving. I am slowly getting caught up on Arcs changes.

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:55 pm

Is anyone going on the 29th a Space marine player? I might have some extras that I have no intention of using. A captain, 5 assault intercessors, and 3 outrider bikes all New on sprew. I would be willing to trade or sell them to someone. Looking for Necrons at the moment.

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm

Looking to be there with the usual ‘crons and nids! Overlord Amenotekh is still searching for his “most cherished chassis”!

devinkilp wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:55 pm
Is anyone going on the 29th a Space marine player? I might have some extras that I have no intention of using. A captain, 5 assault intercessors, and 3 outrider bikes all New on sprew. I would be willing to trade or sell them to someone. Looking for Necrons at the moment.
I have 20 warriors on Sprue with accompanying scarab swarms (6 bases in total, I think?) if you’re in need of troops. Also have an Indomitus overlord and royal warden both built with a magnet under the base, but unprimed grey plastic.

devinkilp
Rookie

Post by devinkilp » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:15 am

Tyranii-chan wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm
Looking to be there with the usual ‘crons and nids! Overlord Amenotekh is still searching for his “most cherished chassis”!

devinkilp wrote:
I have 20 warriors on Sprue with accompanying scarab swarms (6 bases in total, I think?) if you’re in need of troops. Also have an Indomitus overlord and royal warden both built with a magnet under the base, but unprimed grey plastic.
Yeah I would definitely take those warriors off your hands. Starting up my necrons so any other unit recommendations? I grabbed some Destroyers and a Ghostark.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:44 am

As a frequent opponent of Necrons, I suggest a Chronomancer. I hate Chronomancers :lol:

Tyranii-chan
Rookie

Post by Tyranii-chan » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:08 am

devinkilp wrote:
Yeah I would definitely take those warriors off your hands. Starting up my necrons so any other unit recommendations? I grabbed some Destroyers and a Ghostark.
Wonderful, I’ll bring them along with me.

Some good combos:
Overlord with orb
Warrior block
Ghost ark

Chronomancer (as Jye mentioned) with above, or with a squad of skorpekhs

A technomancer with cloak following a squad of wraiths

lokhust heavy destroyers are our best anti-tank by a long shot

I personally like lychguard, but wraiths are more durable and skorpekhs are more Killy

There’s talk recently about utilising tomb blades supported by a command barge

I can go over more stuff when I see you on Sunday!

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”