July Games Day - 7/30 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: July Games Day - 7/30 at e-able Nagoya

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:07 am

Depending on how tables shake out, I'm kind of interested in a 1-on-1 2000 point game, just to get a feel for things. OTOH, just in case tables are at a premium (it's always hard to know how many of the Gifuhammer group will be coming) I'll print out my combat patrol rules and be ready to play that as well.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:09 pm

I'm keen for a 1 v 1 2000pt game, too, but I'm happy to accommodate others if needed, of course.

I'll likely be arriving sometime around 9:20-30 or so. My train gets into kanayama just before 9ish. Is that likely to be ok for folks?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:39 am

Thanks for the great games and company folks - was good to roll dice, bust out the Leviathan deck and Combat Patrol, chat and even meet some new folks.

Looking forward to next time. Probably time to put the marines back on the shelf until the Codex though 🤔

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:52 am

^Likewise.
It was great to come along and get some gaming in. It was also nice to see so many new (to me) faces, as well as some of the old hands.
Apologies that I didn’t get round to saying ‘Hi’ and chatting with everyone. I hope to rectify that next time round.
Morituri nolumus mori!

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:04 am

A big thank you to Dave with his Death Guard and Dave with his Death Guard for the game today! :lol:

The Guard we're thoroughly rinsed, but it was still a really fun game and worth playing all the way to turn 4!

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:03 am

Thank you to everyone who attended, and in particular to Jye and Surg who gave the orks some good exercise.

I'll look forward to seeing you all next month!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:25 am

Thank you to Matt for being a noble opponent, and Dave for being a loyal brother of nurgle in the game yesterday. Despite my initial discomburation regarding mission objectives, I had a good time, and am pleased to have been able to play my first game of 10th ed with two chaps who were kind enough to overlook my ignorance of the finer points of victory point acquisition. I promise to do more homework next time!

Incidentally, the more I look at it, the more I feel like I don't actually have a DG army. In fact, I have a CSM army with the mark of nurgle. I need to crunch the numbers, but looking at it that way does make sense, given that my army was assembled back in the day when DG actually were a CSM variant army, rather than having their own book. There's definitely a fair number of minis I have that wouldn't find a home in such an army (off the top of my head, my Lord of Contagion, Malignant Plaguecaster, Foul Blightspawn, Plague Surgeon, Deathshroud, Foetid Bloat Drone, PBC and Morty.) However, all of these are individual minis, as opposed to whole squads (well, Deathshroud are a squad, but theyre a very little one...) I'm wondering if it might be worth trying out CSM (with allegiance to Nurgle) so I can use my Chosen, Havocs, Raptors, Bikers, Biker Lord and (believe it or not!) my Greater Blight Drone, which for some reason isn't a Death Guard unit :? as well as having my terminators actually armed with what they've physically got on the model. If I run my DG minis as CSM with the mark of nurgle, that also makes them a lot more wysiwyg. Or, there's always the option of doing what Jye suggested, which is just to run 1000pts of CSM and 1000pts of DG. That seems like a sensible suggestion. Obviously, I can try different options, as long as my opponent is clear about what my minis are supposed to be on the day.

Anyway, whatever form they may end up taking, I look forward to my stinky boys infecting more objectives in the near future.

Cheers, all :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:35 am

Definitely good fun - thanks to Dave and Matt! A fun way to play my first game of 10th and first game of 40K in well over a year. I think we had a sort of perfect storm of primary mission and battlefield effects for the DG vs AM matchup, and bringing on the reserves a turn earlier probably would have made a big difference as well. Even without the "get lots better against Chaos arbitrarily" rule from 8th/9th, the Guard seem to bring lots of fun tools to the table, and as we saw, 45 lasgun shots can take down even a daemon engine pretty handily. :lol:
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Awesomecakeman09
Rookie

Post by Awesomecakeman09 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:07 am

i know its kind of late but thanks for the games from surg and jye and lastly those advice that you guys told me, i"ll make sure i will remember those :D

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:14 am

It was great to see everybody there. And it was loads of fun to get Bolt Action out and on the table again, even if Pikey managed a last second draw by passing an Ld 3 morale test to bayonet charge my grenadiers off the objective at the end of the final turn. :shock:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”