July Games Day - 7/30 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Awesomecakeman09
Rookie

Re: July Games Day - 7/30 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Awesomecakeman09 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:03 am

Nice! See you in the 30th :D

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:03 am

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... -new-mode/

Combat Patrol missions are up so we should be g2g.

If you're wondering whether you should be playing Combat Patrol or "normal" 10e...

Combat Patrol:

- same core rules but simplified detachments and datasheets, easy to learn
- no list building, must use fixed teams (though because of that proxying should easy)
- half sized boards, less models, quicker games
- should be more balanced

Incursion/Strike Force:

- full sized boards
- full list building
- detachments are simpler than 9th but more complex than Combat Patrol
- most armies should be fairly balanced but you might have to fight a Primarch or Wraithknight 🤷

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:25 pm

Hey all,
I have finally gotten things sorted, so will be coming along to see the scene, catch up with a few old mates, and say ‘hi’ to any new faces.
Oh yeah, I’ll be bringing along 1K of Bolt Action goodness, just in case the mighty Prim can be persuaded to leave his mountain fastness for a day of gaming and banter :)

P.S. will there be enough room for everyone?
Morituri nolumus mori!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 am

Welcome back old man. It will be good to see you Mike.

Not sure what I'll be doing yet. Have to check on Ono and see if TRUKKOSAURUS got stuck with a Sunday shift or not.

Any of you new Ork Boyz want to give GorkaMorka a spin, give me a shout. But shout LOUD! I can't hear you gitz ova all dis 'ere enjun noiz!
All you need is a trukk or buggy or triceratops and a couple/three ladz to play the intro scenario.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:40 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 am
me_in_japan wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:29 am
The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:48 pm

I'd be up! We haven't played a game against each other in a dog's age.
Good stuff! How many points do you fancy? I'm happy with whatever, but obvs the more points, the longer the game.
Looks like I'm playing 2K with Matt, so how about 1000?
I dunno if this is a done thing, but what faction are you thinking to bring? I was thinking death guard for myself, but if that's what you're bringing I'll need to rethink things (and go off and try to learn the rules for either eldar or dark eldar...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:57 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:40 am
I dunno if this is a done thing, but what faction are you thinking to bring? I was thinking death guard for myself, but if that's what you're bringing I'll need to rethink things (and go off and try to learn the rules for either eldar or dark eldar...)
DG is all I've got, I'm afraid, but I'm also not really opposed to a mirror match!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:38 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:57 am
me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:40 am
DG is all I've got, I'm afraid, but I'm also not really opposed to a mirror match!
Hmmn. Ok dokes. I'll have a look at the deldar rules and see if they tickle my fancy, but I may end up going for death guard, as that's what I've been researching (I'm trying real hard to get a handle on 10th rules. It's... vexingly counter to what I'm used to. But that's a whole nother thread. Anyway. I'll let you know what I end up going for in the next couple days 👍 Looking forward to the game 😊

Ps is anyone else up for some 40k? Anyone?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:10 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:38 pm
Ps is anyone else up for some 40k? Anyone?
Should be tons of people, I'll be playing 40k all day. I'll also happily play 1v2 or whatever to make sure everyone gets a game - including dropping big games to Combat Patrol for more efficient table usage than Incursion/Strike Force.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:11 pm

It might be sub-optimal as a learning game, but two 1000-point DG forces versus 2000 points of something else would work too, especially as there's no longer a force org chart so, say, one of us could focus on infantry and the other on daemon engines, or what have you.

I'll bring a couple lists and be flexible! We seem to be pretty good at working things out on the day.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 8 infantry

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:38 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:11 pm
It might be sub-optimal as a learning game, but two 1000-point DG forces versus 2000 points of something else would work too, especially as there's no longer a force org chart so, say, one of us could focus on infantry and the other on daemon engines, or what have you.

I'll bring a couple lists and be flexible! We seem to be pretty good at working things out on the day.
I'd be happy to do that!

I'm not planning on bringing anything really competitive or optimised, so don't worry about that too much. Some big units of infantry, a couple of Russes and maybe an Inquisitor and his stormtroopers since it feels appropriate for the forces of Chaos.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”