September Ichinomiya Underworlds Day: 9/9

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

September Ichinomiya Underworlds Day: 9/9

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:23 am

A quick thread to remind folks about September's Underworlds meetup.

We meet monthly, generally on the 2nd Saturday of the month, at the Ichinomiya Sports Bunka Center, less than a 10-minute walk from Ichinomiya station, plus the venue has parking if you're a car person. We have the room from 9 to 4, and the cost is 500 yen for the day (provided I actually remember to ask people to pay). September will be Saturday the 9th, in the tatami rooms up on the 3rd floor. (To help with signposting: The bulletin board in the lobby lists us as ボードゲームの会 and the rooms are called 日本間 in Japanese.) Drop-ins are welcome, and if you're a lapsed or curious player just let me know and I can very very easily loan you a warband and deck to see how the game plays.

Play is about 70% Rivals / 30% Nemesis (we're slowly but surely edging into the latter, but we have new-to-the-game members joining and casual members dropping in and out fairly regularly). We mostly play in Japanese, but everyone is extremely chill about language barriers.

I also update the group's twitter (at ichinomiya underscore whu) with the schedule each month if that's your preferred online info-getting method.

September I'll be continuing my "play every warband in order" thing, finishing up Direchasm with the Wet Elves (probably just Rivals) and getting into the starter set with the Storm of Celestus (probably Nemesis with the new objective-focused Prophecy deck, which seems like it'll be a good fit). And I reckon I'll still bring along my Seismic Shock Vampires too, since they've been fun to play.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: September Ichinomiya Underworlds Day: 9/9

Post by The Other Dave » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:31 am

Just a quick bump to remind anyone who might be interested that this is this Saturday!
-----

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:30 pm

I wont make it this month but sign me up for the next game day!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:50 am

Excellent! I'll put a thread up shortly, but we couldn't get a room for October so the next Underworlds day will be Nov. 11th.

We had a nice turnout today (6 people altogether) and I brought the Soulraid with just their warband Rivals deck, and the Storm of Celestus with a Nemesis deck with Paths of Prophecy. I was sort of surprised at how strong Rivals Soulraid still was (pre-Harrowdeep warband rivals decks can be hit or miss) although they were tricky and thinky more than straight-up strong per se. The SoC with PoP, though, was pret-ty nice, there's (unsurprisingly) some really good synergy there, and I ended up with 20 points scoring all but one of my objective cards. Really, the Storm are pretty strong all told, they got off to a shaky start being released a) in a starter set with a very overtuned matchup, and b) during a season when their objective-holding focus was hard to capitalize on.

A couple people brought the Plaguepack, and it seems competitive, and Suzuki-san was soldiering through with Blackpowder, mostly with the companion-oriented Rivals deck. They're better than they once were, but the consensus was that they'd be better still in Nemesis rather than Rivals.
-----

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”