September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/24 at e-able

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: September Nagoya Games Day: Sunday 9/24 at e-able

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:28 am

Great to see everyone today and a special thanks to @Auxryn and @Awesomecakeman for the epic game. Always a joy to be part of a game decided by a single point, whichever way it goes.

(for reference, it went @Auxryn's way, she outplayed us on the objectives for sure!)

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 pm

Definitely good fun, although a 2000 point game may be a bit stamina-pushing for yours truly. I had an excellent game with Matt, the highlight of which was the two of us in retrospect rather-aggressively trying to convince the other that he was, in fact, winning. :lol: (I was right, BTW, haha) My big takehome was, once again, that I need more reliable anti-tank, especially in the face of a guard list bringing 3 russes, 2 chimeras and a manticore - even with my fancy new to-hit debuff being thrown about, I just couldn't keep up with attrition and things ran away from me late in round 4. Unfortunately my "most reliable anti-tank" is probably a big unit of terminators fishing for crits with their plague combi-bolters.

After that was a quick game of Kill Team against Suzuki-san, my DG versus his veteran guard, which was a bit of a blowout unfortunately - most of my stuff could handily one-shot most of his, who in turn struggled to get any wounds on me especially once I'd iced the plasma and melta gunners. Still, it reminded me what a nice game KT is, and I'd be very interested in revisiting it if anyone else is.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 11 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:59 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:00 pm
An Ars Magica game set in Eastern Imperial Rome 🤔
Good point! :lol: I was thinking circa 100AD. Ben Hur, "I am Spartacus!" sandals and toga stuff.
And next he'll tell me Spartacus' revolt was during the Republican Era or something.......
Oh, oh how about Prohibition Hollywood! Gangsters and film moguls and mystic private eyes!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:10 am

Long time no see gentlemen. I have not played a game all summer, so it was good to finally drag myself out of my sweaty, exhausted August doldrums and roll some dice. Did a quick Stargrave with Itakura. I was so totally kicking his butt I almost did not have time to grab all the loot before he ran away and ended the game. And my mad, bomb-lobbing space dwarf pirates finally whoopsied and dropped one on their own guy. Don't worry, he's fine! The peg leg looks good! Good chatting with everyone and remember the American Revolution was won due to George Washington's air superiority! I just realized I need a cavalry officer for my Turnip 28 battalion. Better get to work on that pigeon!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:30 am

Thank you to Jye and Awesomecakeman for an epic game!
I think it came down to secondary draws more than anything. I had pretty much nothing left at the end but we foiled Mortarion's dastardly plot before time ran out.

Now I'm working on sticking together a bunch of orky scrap Konrad gifted me long ago so I can field a battlewagon!

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:33 am

Auxryn wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:30 am
Thank you to Jye and Awesomecakeman for an epic game!
I think it came down to secondary draws more than anything. I had pretty much nothing left at the end but we foiled Mortarion's dastardly plot before time ran out.

Now I'm working on sticking together a bunch of orky scrap Konrad gifted me long ago so I can field a battlewagon!
WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

We ought to get in a game of GoMo one of these days for old time's sake. I have built some great terrain since we last played.
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Awesomecakeman09
Rookie

Post by Awesomecakeman09 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:51 pm

Thanks for the games @jye nicholson and @auxryn

That was actually kind of exhausting yet fun for my 1st time fielding 1k game 😂

And again, thank you so much @jye nicholson for guiding me throughout the entire game

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:40 pm

It was great to see everyone there. Thanks to Yellowstreak, Jus and Kojibear for the game of Battletech.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Mattb
Veteran

Post by Mattb » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:22 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:40 pm
Definitely good fun, although a 2000 point game may be a bit stamina-pushing for yours truly. I had an excellent game with Matt, the highlight of which was the two of us in retrospect rather-aggressively trying to convince the other that he was, in fact, winning. :lol: (I was right, BTW, haha) My big takehome was, once again, that I need more reliable anti-tank, especially in the face of a guard list bringing 3 russes, 2 chimeras and a manticore - even with my fancy new to-hit debuff being thrown about, I just couldn't keep up with attrition and things ran away from me late in round 4. Unfortunately my "most reliable anti-tank" is probably a big unit of terminators fishing for crits with their plague combi-bolters.
Thank you so much for the game! Probably one of the most back and forth games I've ever had. I really think your board control dominated the early game, but like you said, my tanks ended up grinding the Death Guard down through attrition. Special shoutout to my stormtroopers who I think pretty much won the game for me - scoring 18 VPs all up and denying you your home objective for 2 turns.

When it comes to anti tank, I think you always want more than you realise. Maybe one more blighthauler to fill out the unit could be useful? My biggest problem is trying to balance the amount of vehicles I'm bring so that I don't make the game too tedious for my opponent.

Always happy to have game with you whenever you feel like seeking revenge! (Although maybe better to keep it at 1000pts next time :lol:)

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:52 am

Primarch wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:40 pm
It was great to see everyone there. Thanks to Yellowstreak, Jus and Kojibear for the game of Battletech.
Thanks for the game! A good kickoff to the campaign!
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”