October Nagoya Games Day - 10/22 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: October Nagoya Games Day - 10/22 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:44 pm

"Congrats on your triumph. Anyway, they come back." is correct Necroning.

I'm going to have a 2K army (lots of Aggressors and transports for the new "I can't believe it's not Salamanders" detachment) that I'd like to play at least once but as always good for whatever on the day. 1k games, Combat Patrol, 2v1, whatever gets everybody rolling dice.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:38 am

@Jye - maybe you could play against me and my son(s) at 2k points? I'll see how they feel about things this evening and get back to you more definitively later on. It's close enough to the day that I should be able to say yae or nae, one way or the other.

I don't have access to the 10th ed SM book yet - my google-fu is failing me on that one, and there is no version of reality in which I buy the actual book itself*. Is there anything I should know about this definitely-not-salamanders detachment? I'm assuming lots of burny things, but is there owt else I should be worried about?

*for reasons which I'm more than happy to elaborate on, but which would clog up this thread.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:32 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:38 am
I don't have access to the 10th ed SM book yet - my google-fu is failing me on that one, and there is no version of reality in which I buy the actual book itself*. Is there anything I should know about this definitely-not-salamanders detachment? I'm assuming lots of burny things, but is there owt else I should be worried about?
The book isn't out until tomorrow, so I'm just going off reviews myself.

The deatchment is called Firestorm Assault Force - ctrl+f for that on https://www.goonhammer.com/codex-space- ... er-review/ and you'll know everything I know.

TLDR is Assault on every gun, +1 S at close range, strategems that synergise with transports, being close and fire.

My list is a bit skew - all chonky elites in my three Land Raiders. Should be good at locking down the midboard and absolutely nothing else.

I can potentially swap out some of that for more normal troops who can die and do objectives.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:20 pm

my three Land Raiders
:shock:

or, put another way:

I took a quick read through of the goonhammer article, and now have a better idea of what you're talking about. I do find it interesting to read such things, not only for the info they impart, but the way they draw attention to the divide between Those Who Read Tactics Articles, and Me. Don't get me wrong, I read articles like that about MtG almost every day, and am elbow deep in meta discussions for that game, but when it comes to 40k, I am so, soooo much just pootling about in the shallow end of the pool. I still dont even have access to the missions from Leviathan, nor can I remember what those cards are called to even look for them. So, while I'm keen to play, absolutely, I beg your pardon in advance for not putting up much of a fight *bows low*
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:08 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:20 pm
my three Land Raiders
:shock:

or, put another way:

I took a quick read through of the goonhammer article, and now have a better idea of what you're talking about. I do find it interesting to read such things, not only for the info they impart, but the way they draw attention to the divide between Those Who Read Tactics Articles, and Me. Don't get me wrong, I read articles like that about MtG almost every day, and am elbow deep in meta discussions for that game, but when it comes to 40k, I am so, soooo much just pootling about in the shallow end of the pool. I still dont even have access to the missions from Leviathan, nor can I remember what those cards are called to even look for them. So, while I'm keen to play, absolutely, I beg your pardon in advance for not putting up much of a fight *bows low*
Just trying to use what I've painted!

I don't want your kids to run into a brick wall so I'll make sure it can be toned down on the day (it's also very much not a tournament list and will struggle with secondaries so while I should be able to make some centre objectives unfriendly it should be possible to run some rings around me)

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:07 am

@Mattb - Guard and Orks sounds like a good option for Orktober festivities! Does 2000pts sound good to you?

jus

Post by jus » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:08 am

@prim

I'd also be interested in trying out your game. I'll be asking on the 22nd. I might bring some minis along as well.

The Underdweller
Legend

Post by The Underdweller » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:44 am

Konrad wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:36 pm
@the Mali-folks- I'll bring some spooky terrain I built last year (and have not had a chance to actually use I think). If you want something different to murder each other on.
I just now realized that you meant us. Sure, that'd be a nice change!

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:33 am

jus wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:08 am
@prim

I'd also be interested in trying out your game. I'll be asking on the 22nd. I might bring some minis along as well.
Cool! The more the merrier.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:23 am

And...ugh....this pneumonia I have been fighting all month is just not quite dead.
My doctor thought the phrase "walking pneumonia" was pretty funny.
I'm going to bow out this month.
Have fun, everyone.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”