October Nagoya Games Day - 10/22 at e-able Nagoya

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: October Nagoya Games Day - 10/22 at e-able Nagoya

Post by Primarch » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:09 am

Konrad wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:23 am
And...ugh....this pneumonia I have been fighting all month is just not quite dead.
My doctor thought the phrase "walking pneumonia" was pretty funny.
I'm going to bow out this month.
Have fun, everyone.
Get well soon!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:12 am

@Jye - sorry for the delay. I can confirm it'll be me and my eldest (Sean) using Drukhari and Necrons in an unholy alliance against 2000pts of whatever you care to throw down against us, although we'd perhaps appreciate it if that wasn't three land raiders (although one would be totally fine, and if you're super set on using all three, I guess we can revise our objective to "see how many of the bastards we can bring down before our inevitable crushing beneath their armored treads" :D ) fwiw, our armies are pretty balanced take-all-comers kinds of lists, I think, although I'm not experienced enough to confidently state that for the record. I have zero idea of what is considered meta and what isn't. Our choices are largely dictated by model availability/paintedness.

@Konrad - get well soon! Lurgy sucks, especially long lasting lurgy. Hopefully see you next time we're up :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:51 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:12 am
@Jye - sorry for the delay. I can confirm it'll be me and my eldest (Sean) using Drukhari and Necrons in an unholy alliance against 2000pts of whatever you care to throw down against us, although we'd perhaps appreciate it if that wasn't three land raiders (although one would be totally fine, and if you're super set on using all three, I guess we can revise our objective to "see how many of the bastards we can bring down before our inevitable crushing beneath their armored treads" :D ) fwiw, our armies are pretty balanced take-all-comers kinds of lists, I think, although I'm not experienced enough to confidently state that for the record. I have zero idea of what is considered meta and what isn't. Our choices are largely dictated by model availability/paintedness.
Only the Necrons are actually meta, and they've fallen back towards the middle of the pack slightly. Marines and Drukhari very much aren't, though I'll have the advantage of a Codex letting me take a detachment and models that suit each other, and you'll have the advantage of basically always having good targets for your Dark Lances (and to a lesser extent your poison weapons not caring about Gravis toughness).

My plan is to drop the Land Raider (vanilla) and Terminators, keeping the Spartan, Redeemer and Aggressors. Also dropping the completely useless Bladeguard Ancient (only thing that fit in the last 45 points of the list) gives me 545 points to fill with mission-doing pieces in power armour. That honestly probably makes the army dramatically better at scoring but those units are significantly easier to kill/out OC and gives you more varied profiles to match up against.

Were you planning to be there bright and early or would you rather schedule an afternoon game and play it by ear in the morning?

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 am

That all sound good to me 👍 (or at least, fun to play against, even if it does hose us down like dogs :lol: )

I aim to be there for 10ish, as it's a bit of a hoof from Mie. Would that be ok for you?

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:57 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 am
That all sound good to me 👍 (or at least, fun to play against, even if it does hose us down like dogs :lol: )

I aim to be there for 10ish, as it's a bit of a hoof from Mie. Would that be ok for you?
I reckon a 2K game will be hard to finish then, want to slot that in during the afternoon, and see if we can get you quick games with your 1K forces in the morning? Should be plenty of folks showing up with forces of that size

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:36 pm

I can see how a 2k game wouldn't be doable in the morning slot if we start at 10. I worry slightly that it may take a bit longer than usual, given me and Sean's inexperience. If possible, I think it'd be worth our while to start early (for the afternoon), although that would depend on what you were doing in the morning, of course. We'll see what's available when we arrive, and if everyone is busy, we can at least get our minis out and set up for the afternoon or something. Thank you for putting up with all our faff - I realise your life would be a lot simpler if you were just playing a regular game against a regular opponent who knows what theyre doing. *bows low*

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:49 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:36 pm
I can see how a 2k game wouldn't be doable in the morning slot if we start at 10. I worry slightly that it may take a bit longer than usual, given me and Sean's inexperience. If possible, I think it'd be worth our while to start early (for the afternoon), although that would depend on what you were doing in the morning, of course. We'll see what's available when we arrive, and if everyone is busy, we can at least get our minis out and set up for the afternoon or something. Thank you for putting up with all our faff - I realise your life would be a lot simpler if you were just playing a regular game against a regular opponent who knows what theyre doing. *bows low*
That's my secret, Captain, I never know what I'm doing. Most of us don't most of the time!

Should be all good. I don't mind starting the afternoons session early, if we can get morning games finished on time and avoid a leisurely lunch it should be easy enough!

Balloonacorn
Veteran

Post by Balloonacorn » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 am

The Underdweller wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:20 am
I think you wanted to have a rematch against Molly?
Sorry Underdweller, I have been sick since Monday, and it still lingers in me. I will not be at game Day. I hope you can get another match.
"true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe."

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:29 am

@Balloonacorn - Get well soon.

@Underdweller - You're welcome to join the playtesting. I have a spare force you can borrow.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Surg
Rookie

Post by Surg » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:08 am

Any one wants to try out the SW shatterpoint? i Could bring small teams

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”