Yokkaichi 40k Game Feb 27th

Regular (and irregular) events in the Nagoya area can be posted up here. If you want to get your gaming fix, this is the place to look first.
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Yokkaichi 40k Game Feb 27th

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
They can be useful, but they dont get a transport, so if you want to use them you'd have to be able to work around that.
although, interestingly, grotesques do get transports. Can you imagine 5 of those bad boys piling out at a unit of guardsmen?

messy...
4 and a Haemonculus. You dont want that expensive squad exploding before they get to do anything.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:21 pm

so, how were your games prim?
How many players showed up for the Yokkaichi gaming?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm

there is a healthy crowed of japanese players over there... I will most likely go back in a few weeks..if I can find the time.. the 3 hours of train travel from Ogaki really make me want to say no more but it is fun after all... Centimeters is a bit meh.. but on the bright side my army is the best painted one on the tables... and has been every time I have been there... it is a real confidence builder..
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Seb wrote:so, how were your games prim?
How many players showed up for the Yokkaichi gaming?
I played Dark Angels (Terminators and Bikes only, so 26 models on the table in total). My first game was against a star cannon/bright lance heavy Eldar army. All my beautiful 2+ saves were rendered useless. I lost the game, 2 contested objectives and the eldar player holding the last objective with a Pathfinder. For those of you who dont know, a pathfinder is an eldar scout/snipe who gets a 2+ cover save if they are in cover. VERY hard to shift. I was happy that I got this result to be honest as I expected to do much worse.
My second game was against an Ork player with a similar elite list to my own. 1 Deff dread and everything else was Ork Nobz, Mega Nobz or Bike Nobz. At the end of the game his Mega Nobz and one of my Terminator squads were both holding an objective each on opposite sides of the board and no way of reaching each other. A solid draw.
Admiral-Badruck wrote: but on the bright side my army is the best painted one on the tables... and has been every time I have been there... it is a real confidence builder..
Er....A certain Tau Pirahna is the best painted model on the table. The rest, some of the Japanese guys have some very nicely painted individual models. The blood angels that were there were ok, and the two Tyranid Trygons were very nice (shame they didnt match the rest of the army or each other). And those Dark Angels that someone had were amazing. :lol:
Seriously though, most of those guys have 1 years experience painting models, so of course you are able to do better.

The gaming crowd there is friendly and some of them aren't bad players as evidenced by my results and the Admirals.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 am

Cool, it would be nice to play there sometime.

Return to “Monthly Gaming Days and Meetings”