What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Mike the Pike » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:41 am

Today i spent my hobby time experimenting with GW paints and my airbrush. With the help of a little windex (as recommended by the interwebs) I was able to blast away quite happily with minimal fuss which left me a very happy pikey :D my desk and hands were covered in purple paint by the end of the session.
Now I don't have to worry about color matching between airbrush/regular brushwork or finding some way to dull down the satin/gloss finish the Tamiya stuff.
I also found some dropper bottles at Daiso too which made everything a lot easier.
Yeah me!
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 am

Where'd you get your windex?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:31 am

Lately I've been using this thing called the internet to search for things. It's really useful. You should try it. :lol:

Seriously, I just looked for it on yahoo japan shopping and ordered it. It cost about sen en with shipping which seems expensive but the bottle is huge and compared to other thinners etc it actually worked out to be very reasonable.
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Shush you! I'm a google-fu master, yknow. And ta - I'll take a look on yahoo. Generally, I avoid yahoo cos google is a better search engine and between them amazon and rakuten have most things covered. I just thought to ask because I'm lazy and you clearly managed to get the stuff here in japan.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Primarch wrote:A thread came up on the Warlord Games forum at the weekend, and I am sure the same topic has been mentioned on here before as well, but it basically amounted to "How many models did you paint this year?"

Yesterday I sat down and counted.
100 Celts
61 Romans
40+ Russians
20+ Germans
80 Napoleonic British
48 Zulus
50 Victorian British
22 Space Marines
10 Imperial Guard
10 Reaper Fantasy minis
1 Tyranid Carnifex
12 Skaven
2 Necron Night Scythes
4 Tamiya WW2 Tanks/Armoured Cars
1 Khador Warjack
Assorted terrain pieces.

That is a pretty impressive list mate!

I know for a fact I have banged out two armies this year, 1000pt of Blood Angels, and about 750pt of late war Germans for BA. I have also done quite a few Orks too. Still not a patch on your total though!

Didnt do much today, just made a bit of headway with some RT terminators. My Xmas presents from my folks arrived today too, they ordered them from Amazon Japan. I got the British, German, and Japanese army books for Bolt Action, and a light german mech for Dust tactics which I am going to use for BA.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm

At the end of the day I got only bits done on this and that. I finished up painting the bases to my orchard and picked up my hussars where I had left them off making bits of progress here and there.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Yesterday I did some more work on my Roman Auxiliary unit and I started on another unit of Celts. The plan is to have them all done by Joshin on the 23rd. It should be possible as the Romans are nearly done and the celts have had some work done previously so I'm not starting from scratch.

@Spevna - Planning more armies for BA?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 am

Possibly, but I really just wanted to have the books. Even if I don't use them, they are a good read and nice to flick through. They were also a steal at Amazon Japan prices.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:11 am

Spevna wrote:Possibly, but I really just wanted to have the books. Even if I don't use them, they are a good read and nice to flick through. They were also a steal at Amazon Japan prices.
Amazon usually has decent prices. I've stuck with ordering my books from Warlord direct as I want the limited minis that come with the books. The books are great for little snippets of information on the various units and historical snippets of trivia. They don't really compare to the hardback GW army books and codexes, but price wise they are a lot easier on the wallet and it's not like a lot of the Warhammer 'fluff' can't be found on the internet for free anyway.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:52 am

@prim and spevna

I just saw a site was having prizes for completely painted armies done in 2013 but just missed entering. This year I completely painted, oh I don't even want to make a list, 4, 3500pt plus armies. It would be 4000+ but goddamn shipping won't get it done by Xmas. So far my marines are completed this year and are 4500pts, just finished another land raider last week, my Eldar are 3000-4000, finishing off three tanks this weekend, my tau are 3000-4000, just finished my sunshark bomber and my chaos/daemon army is 4000+ with my Khorne berserkers finished today. I am completely painted out. But very happy that it is done and I can focus on other things and just game now. There are a few more models to trickle in but they'll get done on Xmas holidays and my paint brushes will go into hibernation. I've promised my girl I'll be somewhat speaking Portuguese by spring and I want to get back at my 40k card game for my students (they have been bugging me that I told them months ago it would be ready, blast kids and their memories). While I am sure many members out there have vast armies that dwarf all mine combined (I've seen some pics), I am very happy with how this years painting and designs have turned out. I can have friends over for games and they have a selection of armies to choose from and design multiple ways which is what my goal was from the beginning.
I am running an event in January ( Hammercide 2) in conjunction with the local gaming club. The local gw store is putting up prizes along with myself (the best prize being a set of custom made warlord trait cards for winning armies). Should be fun.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”