What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Someone recently pointed out that my tau are R2-D2 coloured. Seems fitting since they are both droid heavy.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Primarch_Vanguard wrote:Someone recently pointed out that my tau are R2-D2 coloured. Seems fitting since they are both droid heavy.
It looks like you've had a busy year. Well done!

Today I got a few Dark Vengeance models stuck together, including a conversion of a spare Librarian and some simple kit bashes of some terminators.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

AndrewGPaul
Champion

Post by AndrewGPaul » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Did some painting yesterday woth friends, then played Cards Against Humanity and literally laughed until it hurt. Nearly finished an Astral Claws Land Raider and a platoon command squad (and two dead guys) of the Imperial Guard Praetorian XXIV.
Konrad wrote:The dreaded Squat Pirate Captain "Just call me Al" Rawhem
and I can call you Betty?

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Painted on my shoes
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

jehan-reznor
Champion

Post by jehan-reznor » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:59 am

Primach_Vanguard, you really like your stuff shiny!

Here is the progress on my latest Jetbike , with all my previous ones.
Starting at 12 0'clock and going clockwise.
Model from Last exile from Bandai,
Forge world Jetbike,
Kromlech Iron shark,
Chapterhouse Studios Javelin Class Imperial Jetbike,
Maxmini Gothick jetbike and
in the middle the jetbike from machinator.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm

I wound up having quite a lot of hobby time today, turns out buying your wife DVDs to watch lets you get on with stuff in your hobby room.
Today I assembled a few more Dark Angels, some Zulu Indunas (chiefs) and 10 Bolt Action Partisans, suitable for use as either Russians, French Maquis or even disgruntled British rebels if I ever play AVBCW. After that, I got them undercoated as well. Nice. I spent the best part of this evening putting together a Tamiya KV-1 tank for my Russians. I'm only about halfway through. Tamiya kits look great, have a lot of detail, but dear god... the tracks are a pain in the proverbial! 22 wheels to make and attach dozens of bits of track links. Anyway, from here on in it's the upper body and turret to do which will be easy in comparison.

Hope everyone enjoyed Xmas! Next up, New Year!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:12 am

Yesterday I cooked chicken, mashed potatoes and stuffing with veggies, yet I still managed to squeeze in priming my FoW French. I look forward to painting infantry and artillery.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Primarch_Vanguard
Veteran

Post by Primarch_Vanguard » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:08 am

Everyone seems to be able to get in some hobby time at this time of year, which I'm sure makes all us model crazy people happy. I hit three wave serpents with the brush yesterday to get them table worthy and put together the second crimson hunter and customized it as well. Today I'll finish off the tanks and perhaps the crimson hunter if time permits.
Then it's time to get ready to head north to visit our northern gaming brethren in Yokosuka and shop till I drop in the states and have a good ol time with friends because once I get back it's game, game, game! With brakes to drink, drink, drink! With a side of eat, eat, eat! I hope everyone else has a happy new year filled with the same or their equivalent. Merry Xmas and a happ new year everyone! May any bad tidings be like a krak grenade with the krak before the grenade to ease the passing. Cheers all.
The one, the only.

Putting foot to butt all over the universe.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:02 pm

today I dealt with that pesky frosty turkey that gave me issues yesterday. Turned out pretty good, actually. So far, so no-food-poisoning. It certainly came out brown, crispy and delicious, and everybody (Kaz and my friends Daniel and Miho) gave it the thumbs up, so I reckon I can chalk up a late victory against my first ever roast turkey. Tip o the cap to Sir Jamie of clan Oliver for his comprehensive and easy to follow recipe. Oh, and his roast potatoes are the bomb. i did em yesterday, and did em again today. Kanpeki both times. Many thanks to the cheeky chappy :D

@JR - nice bikes! I especially like the FW one. Lovely red on it.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Today I cooked spaghetti. It took 5 minutes and the sauce came direct from a ready made packet. :D
Yeah, I can't cook.

Model wise, I finished off my Russian KV-1 and assembled another regiment of British line infantry for my Napoleonics army. I also watched Dirty Harry and Lethal Weapon 4. Pretty good day all round.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”