What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:15 pm

that is a seriously yellow vehicle. Like damn. Yellow.

Today I...GOT NETFLIX WORKING!!!!!!!!! (yay and woo and party hats all round!)

Sooooooooo excited. Never going to have anything like enough time to watch all the stuff I want to, but I am currently basking in the warm glow of technology defeated. Turns out it was my own fault, btw. There's a setting somewhere deep in the bowels of unotelly that allows you to set your netflix region (the dynamo DNS settings, for those who care), and mine was set to UK, for some reason best known to Past Me. Changed that, and bingo, suddenly netflix speaks the language of dollars :D Subscriptions were set up, credit card details provided, and hello, all of a sudden all my movie and TV needs are legal.

Feeling rather smug this evening 8-)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 pm

me_in_japan wrote:that is a seriously yellow vehicle. Like damn. Yellow.

Today I...GOT NETFLIX WORKING!!!!!!!!! (yay and woo and party hats all round!)

Sooooooooo excited. Never going to have anything like enough time to watch all the stuff I want to, but I am currently basking in the warm glow of technology defeated. Turns out it was my own fault, btw. There's a setting somewhere deep in the bowels of unotelly that allows you to set your netflix region (the dynamo DNS settings, for those who care), and mine was set to UK, for some reason best known to Past Me. Changed that, and bingo, suddenly netflix speaks the language of dollars :D Subscriptions were set up, credit card details provided, and hello, all of a sudden all my movie and TV needs are legal.

Feeling rather smug this evening 8-)
Well played mate!

Today I painted 3 space marines :)

I almost have two complete squads of beakies!
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 pm

How far is Netflix behind the TV shows being broadcast? One of my students uses Hulu and told me that sometimes Hulu is a few years behind the DVDs.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 pm

me_in_japan wrote:tI am currently basking in the warm glow of technology defeated. Turns out it was my own fault, btw.
I know that feeling. The warm glow and the ....turns out it was my fault..... Made me smile.
On my technology front, our computer is currently in it's death-throes. Not sure if we'll take it in to the shop or just get a new one.

@Aux- Yellow, yellow, yellow, red may go fasta, but nothing says, "Yeah, let's see what you got." like Tonka-truck yellow.

Did a bit of sculpting. Soooo close to being finished. So close, yet so far. Have not been doing much these last couple weeks. Better get busy before it gets too hot and humid.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Auxryn
Champion

Post by Auxryn » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:31 am

I figured that if the Yellow Gorkanaut explodes again then we can all live in the Yellow Orky Trukk.
*chorus*
"We all live in the Yellow Orky Trukk!"

YellowStreak
Legend

Post by YellowStreak » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:29 am

Primarch wrote:How far is Netflix behind the TV shows being broadcast? One of my students uses Hulu and told me that sometimes Hulu is a few years behind the DVDs.
Hulu Japan is a real mix. Some stuff is pretty recent (e.g. just finished watching season 1 of 12 monkeys) while other stuff is 2-3 years behind.
So many games, so little time....
Building a pile of shame since 1983

Lovejoy
Legend

Post by Lovejoy » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:50 am

We have hulu too- its worth it, all things considered. About 1000 yen a month. But for every great show or movie (Breaking Bad, Community, House of Cards, The Tunnel etc) there are many more average to mediocre ones.
Keen on Japan Netflix though and might change when it arrives. Getting US or UK Netflix isn't something I'll bother with since me and the missus want to watch stuff together with Japanese subs.
2018 Hobby Progress: A modicum of Middle Earth SBG

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:18 pm

@Auxryn - I was always quite partial to yellow for Orks! :) I am sure they love it, too. Shows up all the blood so much better, and by Gork, yellow is so carefree and happy-go-lucky, just like Orks should be! ;)

Not much on the painting front, still getting ready to paint up my now assembled circus gladiators for Hunters of Ruin. :) There is going to be lots of skin to paint, so not looking forward to that so much. Nice thin applications. Oh, it's the eyes that I hate though, well, when I want to do them three layered I guess. :( But with a small number of figures like this team, I want to paint em up the best I can. I think I'll go for reds, leathers, browns, sand yellows and bronze / old gold, with maybe a bit of purple splashed in there. Ganbarimasu! :)

Oh...and those British Paras are waiting too! Hold tight lads, the brush is coming.

job
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by job » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Today I did some bits of work on the models. There was basing all around. I also rigged up a flamer on another biker. 2 more bikers joined the painting queue and the Helbrute was pinned to the base.
Models Painted, 2020
70 28mm miniatureS

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”