What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:57 am

@ToD - Awesome looking ... er... thing! And great looking little things too.

Last week I painted a couple of marines.
First of all, a Damocles Command Rhino for my 30K Ultramarines.
And if you remember, last summer I embarked on a Badab War project. My Novamarines are still on my to do list, but as I had already started them, they weren't a valid option for the winter painting challenge. Instead I painted some Mantis Warriors.
A captain.
A tactical squad.
And another.
An assault squad with jump packs.
And one without.
And a demi-squad of devastators.
For a total of 46 marines, (so far).
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:08 am

That's a lotta marines! Nice work!

I finished up the minis for the first stage of the Darkest Dungeon boss fight - the Ancestor and his blasphemous Reflections:
I'm definitely ready for some non-body-horror minis without lots of beady spider eyes all over when this project is done.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 3 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:40 pm

Those are some extremely well painted gribblies, Dave! I was going to say "nice looking" but it doesn't quite fit 😅

Primarchs: firstborn tank fistbump

Great work on the Mantises too!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:27 am

I finished up the Darkest Dungeon project tonight with the Ancestor and the Absolute Nothingness he uses to cloak himself:

The Gestating Heart in which he cocoons himself for his apotheosis:

And the frankly remarkably silly-looking Heart of Darkness that he becomes for the last stage of the boss fight:

To be fair, there are a few models in the set I haven't painted: alternate sculpts for two of the Darkest Dungeon mini-bosses, and two minis for the PvP mode, which a) are not needed to play it, and b) I never plan to play anyway. I may paint them up when the vampire expansion arrives (hopefully within a month or so) and I get into those, but who knows.

For now, I have a bit of an Underworlds backlog built up, and a big chonky titan I picked up from karantu a bit back.
-----

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:25 pm

Sanguinary Priest, to make the Blood Angels army actually go.

Now I just need to finish a pile of Sang Guard, a Sanguinary Ancient, more Death Company, a troops choice or two and all by next week.

That's clearly not happening but I'll get more done pretending it will than if I give up now :lol:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:51 pm

@Jye - Cool looking priest. I don't think your 'to-do' list is impossible, but you do have to ask yourself if you need that much stress in your life. On the plus side I'm guessing that most of them have sculpted shoulder pads and won't need transfers, which takes a lot of effort out of things.

@ToD - More creepy looking gribblies, cool. The 'Heart of Darkness' seems like the designer really took things literally.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:53 pm

Primarch wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:51 pm
@ToD - More creepy looking gribblies, cool. The 'Heart of Darkness' seems like the designer really took things literally.
Yeah - the angle even hides it a bit, but seen from the back it's absolutely a Valentines-day-card heart shape. :lol:
-----

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:02 am

@TOD- I'm holding off on all the dad-joke "heart" puns. Love that "Absolute Nothingness". And the "heart-cocoon" thing. What a weird and wonderful game.

I was tending the garden last weekend. Planting turnips mostly. I finally got a banner and an officer ("Snob" I think they are called). The Snob on crutches I am not entirely happy with. He's 100% scratch built. Did not get the pose quite right. Needs to be more off balance or look like he's struggling to pull this heavy load of roots behind him. I have not done much sculpting recently. Should have picked a simpler subject to get warmed up on. The banner is just a bubblejet print. AI generated and stitched together with Ibis Paint.
I put up a couple WIPs. Test pieces for the Fodder. They will have like sack-cloth, scare-crow looking hoods covering their faces. They are Perry Am-Rev troops. Not a lot of conversion options. It will be a challenge.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:58 am

@Konrad - Cool looking turnip troops, they should be awesome when they are all painted up.

My winter painting challenge wrapped up over the weekend, so here are the things I painted in the past week:
Some 40K terrain.
Some mannequins for Malifaux.
An archway.
10 Night Goblins.
5 Wood Elves.
5 Chaos Marines.
98 Skaven.
A fish seller.
And finally 5 USMC for 'Nam.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:52 am

Awesome work!

I note those Skaven are on round bases - we should get some AoS going some time!

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”