new studio mcvey model.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: new studio mcvey model.

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:20 pm

that is just too bad... I was so wanting to uses it for ....... yeah there is nothing I could use it for... so it is just as well...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 pm

me_in_japan wrote:nah - its not a gaming mini.
And therein lies the heart of the problem. All my minis are purchased with the idea that they would be used for gaming at some point.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Primarch wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:nah - its not a gaming mini.
And therein lies the heart of the problem. All my minis are purchased with the idea that they would be used for gaming at some point.
Exactly when I get anything I think of that first...
MIJ
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:41 pm

I used to, but i found that if I did that i ended up finding reasons to game with minis that i really only wanted cos they looked nice. Usually those reasons involved needing to buy rulebooks and the rest of the army to go with the single mini i wanted to paint. If i had just bought myself a sniper drone team and a piranha a few years back I coulda saved myself a whole heap of guilt about my Tau. So now, I have a box where I keep the minis I bought for no other reason than that they were cool.

I even have a Space Marine that Prim doesnt! (haha!) Two of em, in fact :D

this lad:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/16318 ... arine.html

and a legion of the damned with a heavy bolter, whose pic i cant find on t'internet.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm

me_in_japan wrote:I used to, but i found that if I did that i ended up finding reasons to game with minis that i really only wanted cos they looked nice. Usually those reasons involved needing to buy rulebooks and the rest of the army to go with the single mini i wanted to paint. If i had just bought myself a sniper drone team and a piranha a few years back I coulda saved myself a whole heap of guilt about my Tau. So now, I have a box where I keep the minis I bought for no other reason than that they were cool.

I even have a Space Marine that Prim doesnt! (haha!) Two of em, in fact :D

this lad:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/16318 ... arine.html

and a legion of the damned with a heavy bolter, whose pic i cant find on t'internet.
I dont have every Space Marine model ever. Yet.
I havent bothered with Legion of the Damned since I dont think I would ever field them. They tend to be a bit random and aren't as good as Sternguard in many ways who can also be made with plastic models. The basic LotD box doesnt come with the weapons I would want to use with them and so I'd have to buy a couple of extra blister packs on top of that as well.

The only models I have bought because I wanted to paint them ended up being used for Dungeons and Dragons.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 pm

LotD... made some conversion for them but I have never uesed them in a game to date... I guess they are just not going to show up....
MIJ
MIJ

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”