WIP November 2010

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: WIP November 2010

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Anyway, since this is supposed to be a WIP thread, here is what I did with my day off.

I tried a technique suggested by M_i_J to colour the armour. I started with a dark base colour (scorched brown) and then flicked a lighter colour (bestial brown) from the edges in-over. I then repeated the technique with an even lighter colour (graveyard earth) to finish off with.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Mike the Pike wrote:It would have helped if we had both read the deployment rules a bit more carefully too, eh Prim? ;)

What Prim didn't tell you is that upon seeing the forces arrayed against him he didn't actually deploy a single model! Instead he kept all 11000pts in reserve. Then he bought them on in his turn one with careful planning. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, both of us had forgotten some of the rules, especially the one about where your reserves come in from (Hint: Not in your opponent's deployment area). :D

That said, it was a fun game and I think I won a moral victory, for a) the look on Prim's face when I took out my titan and b) the fact that he was soooooo terrified he didn't set up even a single model!

P.S.When Prim sends you a PDF of some stuff he wants to try out, whatever you do read it! I made the mistake of only giving the rules the once over and found myself on the receiving end of open-topped Rhinos with a Transport capacity of 18, Drop pods filled with assault cannons, everyone and his dog with artificer armour, feel no pain and/or a relic blade (or a combination of all 3), not to mention the two 2 indestructible Primarchs. :o
I feel your pain brother... the sad thing is when he gave it to me I read a few things and said cool... put them in my army and had a good fun game... at 11000 points you might be in for a bit of a kicking...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Primarch wrote:Anyway, since this is supposed to be a WIP thread, here is what I did with my day off.

I tried a technique suggested by M_i_J to colour the armour. I started with a dark base colour (scorched brown) and then flicked a lighter colour (bestial brown) from the edges in-over. I then repeated the technique with an even lighter colour (graveyard earth) to finish off with.

looks great what is it?
Is it finished?
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:looks great what is it?
Is it finished?
Its a Zoanthrope for my nids.
It needs the base doing, but is otherwise finished I guess.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Nids eh..... one of the floating brains? I guess the last time I faced then was in the old dex... not sure I want to face them again. Are we still on for the end of our Aphelion project game... or is that all done and gone.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:Nids eh..... one of the floating brains? I guess the last time I faced then was in the old dex... not sure I want to face them again. Are we still on for the end of our Aphelion project game... or is that all done and gone.
When we have time mate. I'm waiting for it.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Well I may be getting a ThunderHawk for Christmas... I ask every year... but I usually don't get one... it I don't you are still on... where would you like to play...
MIJ
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am

looking good, prim. i reckon it needs a good deal more contrast, though. do some more flickies, but use a mix of graveyard earth and, say, bubonic brown. then do one more layer of bubonic brown.
it may just be the photo, but the boney protusions look quite dark - take em up to bleached bone with a bit of white on the tips.
oh, and give him some points-of-interest. e.g bright red eyes, or pink wobbly glands or something.

if you do that, itll look boss :) as it is, it looks...hmmn. chief henchman, maybe.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am

Boss = great ?
and Chief Henchmen....= ok?

not sure what you mean mate.
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:25 am

me_in_japan wrote:looking good, prim. i reckon it needs a good deal more contrast, though. do some more flickies, but use a mix of graveyard earth and, say, bubonic brown. then do one more layer of bubonic brown.
it may just be the photo, but the boney protusions look quite dark - take em up to bleached bone with a bit of white on the tips.
oh, and give him some points-of-interest. e.g bright red eyes, or pink wobbly glands or something.

if you do that, itll look boss :) as it is, it looks...hmmn. chief henchman, maybe.
Its eyes are red, but they are so deep under the bones that they're unseeable unless it is upside down. The Horns are bleached bone, but were washed with devlan to shade them into the rest of the horns.
I'll try and find something I can make pink and wobbly when I get more painting time though.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”