Commander Conversion Project

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Commander Conversion Project

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 pm

me_in_japan wrote:
Admiral-Badruck wrote:I thought you were asking where you got it from... not where is was first printed... I knew is was in the Red book but I did not thing you had a copy of the red book buy I knew you had the old school space hulk...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: whooooaahahah! the sheer brass balls of that lie leaves me in awe!
truth is the truth I really did think that but what ever... since you posted ahead of me... :roll:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm

I aint disputing Konrads ownership of space hulk - his crusty old school powers are beyond debate. Wot I was laughing at was the idea that Badruck considered the red book but then dismissed it on the grounds that Konrad might not have it. I mean, its a digital picture anyway, aint it? Surely he coulda just got it offa a pdf, no? And anyway, the idea of badruck giving a post that much consideration and forethought is bonkers barmy daft anyway :P :lol: :D :mrgreen:
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

:roll: not much considerations really just a thought and then a post... :arrow:
MIJ
MIJ

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 pm

I just finished the whole model today.
All the conversions are done. I can't start my computer right now so no pics yet, the reason I am posting this is because I got to do something to vent the feelings of satisaction of finally having it done.

I know that you guys have probably seen better models but I am really satisfied with how this model came out, and I put so much time and effort in it that when I am going to paint it I want to seek the expertise of MiJ in person, I'll even go to Tsu just for it.

The reason I could finish it so fast is all thanks to Prim for providing me with the necessary bits and all you guys for giving me advice.
Big thanks to you all.

This kind of sounds like giving the thank you speech before you even got the award but I'll be posting the pics as soon as I can.

Please look forward to it! :)

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Seb wrote:I just finished the whole model today.
All the conversions are done. I can't start my computer right now so no pics yet, the reason I am posting this is because I got to do something to vent the feelings of satisaction of finally having it done.

I know that you guys have probably seen better models but I am really satisfied with how this model came out, and I put so much time and effort in it that when I am going to paint it I want to seek the expertise of MiJ in person, I'll even go to Tsu just for it.

The reason I could finish it so fast is all thanks to Prim for providing me with the necessary bits and all you guys for giving me advice.
Big thanks to you all.

This kind of sounds like giving the thank you speech before you even got the award but I'll be posting the pics as soon as I can.

Please look forward to it! :)
No problem. Just give me a shout if you need any other bits and pieces.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Here are the pics.

* Everything is pinned, there are no loose pieces only glued on. The model is pinned in 8 different place in total.

The pictures don't really do the model justice. They are always gonna look better in real life.

Any comments, opinions, advice are welcome.

Thank you!

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm

I think it looks great... i have to admit that I was worried because the cape was so big... but you really pulled it off... nice work
MIJ
MIJ

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:21 am

Nice work. Especially considering it's your first effort. Now to paint it!
I thought I'd mention that all that drilling and puttying and sawing is going to leave your miniature covered in fingerprints and grime. Be sure to give it a nice warm soapy bath, a once over with an old toothbrush and a rinse before priming it. Often after a wash, you'll spot a mould line or two that you missed.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Mike the Pike
Prince of Purple

Post by Mike the Pike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 am

Nice work there mate.
I look forward to seeing him all painted up (and then killing him :twisted: )
Morituri nolumus mori!

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:33 pm

*big round of applause*

woooo! yeah!

that is a very fine conversion, and is exactly how a space marine lord in terminator armour should look. The fact that its all pinned securely should leave you basking in the warm glow of a professional job well done. Bravo!

And thank you, btw, for the very kind words re: seeking my advice. Im away to sunny (i.e. bollocking cold) scotland for the next few weeks as of tomorrow, so im afraid my advice is going to have to be online only for a wee bit. If you can wait, i will be at winter blitz on January 30th in nagoya. If you cant wait (and i can understand if you cant) then I am happy to give advice over the forums, or Im sure Dungeon Lord, Spevna or Mike the pointy stick will be happy to give advice - all are highly proficient painters whose advice should be heeded. (Except when Mike says "paint it purple" - ignore that one...)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”