What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:48 pm

Primarch wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Remember when this thread was for painted models? Those were the days. :lol: :lol: :lol: It seems like everyone is more into video games at the moment.

You shamed me into basing him!

Hopefully the Castigator isn't too far behind, though my love of Sisters tanks wanes quickly when I realise I'm the one who has to paint all that detail 😅

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:54 am

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:48 pm
You shamed me into basing him!
Mission accomplished! Well done getting that big fellow finished off, he (assuming pronouns here) looks very impressive. If I may offer some feedback, some tufts or rubble on the base would help break up the large empty area in front of the dragon.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am

Primarch wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:54 am
If I may offer some feedback, some tufts or rubble on the base would help break up the large empty area in front of the dragon.
Yeah it is a ridiculously huge base. I think the Knights have bases of the same width but are reasonably narrow ovals, this thing is just a pie plate. Definitely needs more and maybe one day if I get inspired I'll add it, but you know what they say, perfect is the enemy of good and good is the enemy of done :lol:

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Jye Nicolson wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:53 am
Primarch wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:54 am
If I may offer some feedback, some tufts or rubble on the base would help break up the large empty area in front of the dragon.
Yeah it is a ridiculously huge base. I think the Knights have bases of the same width but are reasonably narrow ovals, this thing is just a pie plate. Definitely needs more and maybe one day if I get inspired I'll add it, but you know what they say, perfect is the enemy of good and good is the enemy of done :lol:
I love big empty bases! Stick some rubble on it! Build a campfire! Who has he eaten? What kind of bones do they have? Is there treasure? The possibilities are endless!
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:51 pm

also: a question. Is there a date for the March game day? I believe the mambo is being lifted, so I'm thinking about heading up, if dates align*...

*also assuming WW3 hasnt broken out by then. Or at least, any more than it already has :roll:

*edit* bah. It appears that the mambo is only lifted in Mie. Aichi still has it for a while. Darn city-folk and their high falutin' ways :roll: Also, Mrs MiJ has informed me that she's super busy for March and it wouldnt have been a good idea anyway. So that's that parade well and truly rained on. Ah well. Maybe April? :D

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:59 am

Welp, I'm back from my trip to the States with a bunch of exchange students (it went well!) and am now in my week-long at-home quarantine, whee! Which means I may get some painting done when I'm less exhausted and/or start to tire of HFW. We shall see!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:10 am

The Other Dave wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:59 am
Welp, I'm back from my trip to the States with a bunch of exchange students (it went well!) and am now in my week-long at-home quarantine, whee! Which means I may get some painting done when I'm less exhausted and/or start to tire of HFW. We shall see!
Good to have you back :) I'm curious - how did the whole quarantine/re-entry thing go? I've been looking at the j-immigration website and it's as clear as mud whether folks with permanent residence here can travel or not. Did you need to get special dispensation to get back in? When you were in the states were you kinda isolating? What would've happened of one of the students (or you?) had a positive test result just before you left? Like many folks here, I'm getting pretty desperate to get back and see family, but it's really not clear whether that's possible or not.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:21 am

It was actually pretty painless, if you're vaccinated. The only potential wrinkle is that you need a PCR test within 72 hours of your return flight, and if it's positive, you can't - my understanding is that basically you'd have to wait wherever you were until you got a negative test, but TBH I'm not entirely clear on that. But armed with vaccination status and a negative test, all I had to do was take another test on landing, then when that was negative they let me come home, where I'll have to stay and be electronically checked-up-on periodically for a week, with the option of getting a test (from my own pocket) at least a couple days after landing to shorten the time - since work is on holiday I'm not bothering. That's different depending on where you're traveling from though - it's actually different state to state in the US. Before March 1st I'd have had to quarantine in a hotel for 3 days instead, but they relaxed the requirements for the US. It's little complex, depends a lot on where you're traveling from, and changes often, but that's the gist of it (for permanent residents and spousal visas anyway).

The States doesn't require isolation at all, so we were free and clear once we got off the plane there.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Thanks Dave. That's...interesting. I have tickets-on-hold (from pre-pandemic booking) for me and the kids, and I wonder if it might be doable to get flights over to Scotland in the summer. Mrs MiJ would be coming, too, just she still needs to get tickets. Of course, the danger is that the state of covid might change between now and then, and then who knows what happens?

hmmn....

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:12 am

Primarch wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:38 pm
Remember when this thread was for painted models? Those were the days. :lol: :lol: :lol: It seems like everyone is more into video games at the moment.

Elden Ring looks interesting enough, though I have no idea what Elden actually means.
I painted some! Vive le Emperor!

Elden? Something to do with Elves probably....

And I've been playing this ancient MMORPG called "Age of Conan". Because every now and again a guy needs to tread the thrones of the Earth to dust beneath his sandaled feet. And it's free.

Image Image
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”