Commander Conversion Project

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: Commander Conversion Project

Post by Primarch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:52 pm

me_in_japan wrote:If you cant wait (and i can understand if you cant) then I am happy to give advice over the forums, or Im sure Dungeon Lord, Spevna or Mike the pointy stick will be happy to give advice - all are highly proficient painters whose advice should be heeded. (Except when Mike says "paint it purple" - ignore that one...)
Yeah? Cheers! :cry:
I've offered to run Seb through the basics sometime before the New Year. I know I'm not as good as M_i_J. DL, Spev or MtP, but hopefully I can show him which end of the brush to use. I think its the bit which has those hairy bits at the end......
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 pm

well I can hardly name check every single person on the forum, can I? If he'd asked for advice about Space Marines then your name woulda been top o the list. We cant all be gods at everything game related - let Mike, Spev and Dlord have their day in the sun :)
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm

me_in_japan wrote:*big round of applause*

woooo! yeah!

that is a very fine conversion, and is exactly how a space marine lord in terminator armour should look. The fact that its all pinned securely should leave you basking in the warm glow of a professional job well done. Bravo!

And thank you, btw, for the very kind words re: seeking my advice. Im away to sunny (i.e. bollocking cold) scotland for the next few weeks as of tomorrow, so im afraid my advice is going to have to be online only for a wee bit. If you can wait, i will be at winter blitz on January 30th in nagoya. If you cant wait (and i can understand if you cant) then I am happy to give advice over the forums, or Im sure Dungeon Lord, Spevna or Mike the pointy stick will be happy to give advice - all are highly proficient painters whose advice should be heeded. (Except when Mike says "paint it purple" - ignore that one...)
nothing but love MIJ...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Primarch wrote:
me_in_japan wrote:If you cant wait (and i can understand if you cant) then I am happy to give advice over the forums, or Im sure Dungeon Lord, Spevna or Mike the pointy stick will be happy to give advice - all are highly proficient painters whose advice should be heeded. (Except when Mike says "paint it purple" - ignore that one...)
Yeah? Cheers! :cry:
I've offered to run Seb through the basics sometime before the New Year. I know I'm not as good as M_i_J. DL, Spev or MtP, but hopefully I can show him which end of the brush to use. I think its the bit which has those hairy bits at the end......

and all the nice things I say about MIJ painting... well I guess Prime and I are just chopped liver.... guess we do not count as painters ... I am not sure if I feel bad or maybe we we suck that bad... :cry: :cry: and just do not know it...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Admiral-Badruck wrote:and all the nice things I say about MIJ painting... well I guess Prime and I are just chopped liver.... guess we do not count as painters ... I am not sure if I feel bad or maybe we we suck that bad... :cry: :cry: and just do not know it...
I know I suck bad. I just dont like to be reminded of it. :D
me_in_japan wrote:well I can hardly name check every single person on the forum, can I? If he'd asked for advice about Space Marines then your name woulda been top o the list. We cant all be gods at everything game related - let Mike, Spev and Dlord have their day in the sun :)
You dont need to name check at all. Especially since DL and MtP very rarely post in the painting threads. And he IS painting marines. I have done one or two of those in my time. No, I have, quite literally only painted 1 or 2 marines. I am THAT slow. :lol: :lol:
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank you all, I am happy to recieve such positive comments.

I will not be painting him until I have increased my painting skills on my other marines. I read through the painting guide from coolminis and decided I want to be able to do some of the more advanced techniques.
I am interested in 'feathering' which seems to produce some really good looking results.

I went to yellow sub today and bought some paints, all the basics but only bought 10 different colours so far.
Since I decided on my army I have changed the colour scheme of my army.
The models will be mainly painted in bleached bone with black as secondary colour.

I bought bubonic brown and snakebite leather i think to use in combination with the bleached bone. I could not remember which brown you recommended me during the games last sunday Prim but I'll give it a try with these colours.
Last edited by Seb on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:45 pm

sounds good man... I really hope you enjoy painting...
MIJ
MIJ

jus

Post by jus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:00 am

ah perfection, thunder hammer storm shield and pimp cloak should really put the fear of the emperor in whoever is on the other side of the table. great stuff!
Im sure Dungeon Lord, Spevna or Mike the pointy stick will be happy to give advice
hahaha, he said they "will be happy to give advice," NOT " they are the only ones who should be giving you advice, ignore everyone else,"

though for the record I'd like to add that Admiral badruk with fabulous new purple tau from a wet pallete, the mighty prime with boltgun metal and sepia wash lion chariot magic and the other Dave with frost melon niss chick have all had years of experience and are sure to have nuggets of painting wisdom to be gleaned from. Along with everyone else here.

Badruk had an idea some time ago about booking a hall somewhere and having a painting/conversion and bits sharing day, which I think is a great idea, and now with the holidays upon us, should be the perfect time for that.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:40 am

bring your bitz to the event on the 30th if you like... I will bring all my bits as well...
MIJ
MIJ

Seb
Champion

Post by Seb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 am

That sounds really good, the only problem me not being available the 30th.
Let's arrange a painting/building day where we just get together, chill, talk some bs and enjoy finishing our projects while taking advice from eachother, I guess there are more noobs like myself who could really benefit from that.

By the way had a great day today at Prim's place, thank you for teaching me the basics.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”