Mephiston make-over

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Re: Mephiston make-over

Post by The Other Dave » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 pm

I like it. Doesn't look at all out of place all painted up, and the elf head fits the Blood Angel pretty-boy aesthetic nicely.

Heckuva paint job too!
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

jus

Post by jus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Thankyou all, :) and thanks to my trusty airbrush. 8-) I don't think I've ever done so much on one model in just one sitting.
what are the skulls on his base from?
These here skulls are fair dinkum GW skulls. You get 8 extra plain skulls in every vampire counts skeleton warrior box...of which I bought 5 so I should have a good fair few. I dunno how many I've used up though, I'll have to do bits stock take soon to find out.
Really nice, have you painted for many years?
Many year now :lol: Was absolutely abysmal when I first started though. For all its worth, here's my tip of the day. Perseverance is key. Good luck!
I cant wait to see the rest of your army.
haha me neither. I put in an order for some blood angels with Wayland, I hope they ship it before Christmas.
What colour are you going to do the sword? I ask because there is a lot of red so something to contrast with that would be good.
Hmm that's a good question, I haven't decided yet :lol: What do you guys think would be a good color with for the sword and plasma pistol? I was thinking maybe air brushed glowing green around the edges but that might be a bit "much".
..and the elf head fits the Blood Angel pretty-boy aesthetic nicely.
hahaha thank goodness for that. That was what I was aiming for when I was carving up the original head. I'm glad someone noticed. hmm I can't really head swap dante, because he is wearing that death mask, but I might so some of the sergeants with elf heads. maybe even dark elf head :lol:

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm

jus wrote:
I cant wait to see the rest of your army.
haha me neither. I put in an order for some blood angels with Wayland, I hope they ship it before Christmas.
Good luck with that. Lots of the UK is snowed in at the moment and LOTS of deliveries have been delayed for the past week or so. Fingers crossed Wayland can get it all out to you in time for the holidays.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 am

The Other Dave wrote:I like it. Doesn't look at all out of place all painted up, and the elf head fits the Blood Angel pretty-boy aesthetic nicely.

Heckuva paint job too!
I think if fits too as Blood Angels whine like elves anyways.
"Oh, we are so doooomed! Cursed! Beast I am lest Beast I become.....Oh, the suffering. The angst...."
Here, here is a miniature that I can hate with all of my heart.
I'd better do my hating quickly, as Mephiston and Co. will be ripping it out of my green chest any day now.
Looks good Jus. Can't wait to see and hate the rest of the purty boyz.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am

Looks like a very good model... I think the sword should be turquoise or blue or ultramarine blue (the art color not the GW color) I really like what you have done so far... and man that was fast...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:17 am

i agree with badruck - turquoise for the sword.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I find that when MIJ and I agree it has to be true.. as we are opposites on the color wheel... right down our Core about the only thing we have in common is this game... and a love of this art...
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

jus

Post by jus » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:02 pm

"Oh, we are so doooomed! Cursed! Beast I am lest Beast I become.....Oh, the suffering. The angst...."
You know konrad, one day I'm going to make a ork army where they all have ELF HEADS...just for you :lol: .

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:18 am

jus wrote:
You know konrad, one day I'm going to make a ork army where they all have ELF HEADS...just for you :lol: .
Oh, we've got elf 'eads. Lots of 'em. Reminds me to hang a few more to dry out on the old banner pole. We prefer oomies head though, as elf heads are too delicate to make much noise when you step on them. Just a little, "crinkle" when you want a good solid, "ke-runch!".
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”