WIP Thread

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: WIP Thread

Post by me_in_japan » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:02 am

I reckon the head adds character. No other head I have looks quite so p'd off with life. Besides, I like the idea of a beastman smoking a cigar :D

I've gone to quite a lot of trouble to remove almost all spikey bits from all my nurgle minis, as I dont agree with "chaos = spikes". Khorne, yes, even Slannesh, a bit, yes, but not nurgle and not tzeentch. "Undivided Chaos" is, in my opinion, an oxymoron.

and no, no ape hangers, as getting the hands to fit em was dang near impossible. I intend to nurgle it up a fair bit during the paint job. I wanna use similar techniques to my tanks, i.e. lots of weathering.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Spevna

Post by Spevna » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 am

The face does ooze character but, as the Pikester said, it is too recognisable as a beastman. I reckon that getting rid of the horns and filing the head down to make it look like he is bald/has a shaved head would be better. And then have some tubes running from his head to some kind of canister to make him look like he is high on 'stims'.
Stuff painted in 2014 56
Stuff painted in 2015 118
Stuff painted in 2016 207
Stuff painted in 2017 0

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:28 am

If it hasn't been said, the front forks need to be thicker. When I did my Squat bikes I cut some out of styrene tubing and slid them over the brass rods. Use two different thicknesses to make it look like it has shocks. The exhaust pipes running over the front of the engine look really nice. I could never get two to match. Luckily for me, I'm Orky and it doesn't matter so much.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:03 am

hmmn. The issue with the forks had occured to me, but I dont have a drill thatll fit my next-size-up wire without ripping apart the front shield. Adding pipe as shock absorbers is a good idea, though. I might see if i can get the front wheel off and add shocks that way. The other end would be impossible (its one wire that forms the forks and handlebars, and I had a bugger of a time getting it bent right to fit the hands.)

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 am

me_in_japan wrote:hmmn. The issue with the forks had occured to me, but I dont have a drill thatll fit my next-size-up wire without ripping apart the front shield. Adding pipe as shock absorbers is a good idea, though. I might see if i can get the front wheel off and add shocks that way. The other end would be impossible (its one wire that forms the forks and handlebars, and I had a bugger of a time getting it bent right to fit the hands.)
I see. I' m willing to bet you could get the front wheel off and slide some styrene tubing over the wire. You can get Plastruc and Evergreen styrene bits at Joshin, sometimes at the local hardware store. When I first converted my Ork bikes into Squat Hogs, I got a big ( for a pin vise) drillbit and used thick brass tubing for the forks. I found it easier to use thinner rod and slide a tube over it.
And man, I agree, handlebars are a b**tch. They were one of the toughest parts when I built my bikes. Recently, I had to rework the handlebars on my Deffcopters to make them fit shorter Squat arms. That was even tougher, as I could not move the pilot around to make him fit.
Now, I'll have to build that Squat Biker Warboss I've had in the back of my mind. Can't be having it said that that panzy, Eldar lovin' MIJ has a bigger, badder biker than me! Waaaargh!
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Listen to Konrad on this one MIJ you will be glad you did... It will haunt you every time you look at that model if you do not... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"i agree with badruck" -...
MIJ
Consider me a member of the "we love badruck" fan-club.
MIJ

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:43 am

already done, kapn, already done. Just looking for a way to smooth the forks into the wheel thingy and the front guard.

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm

http://waaaghhound.blogspot.com/
this looks like a good way to make VrroomZooma...ME may 'ave da Mekk Boyz take a krakk at it...
MIJ
MIJ

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:00 am

Admiral-Badruck wrote:http://waaaghhound.blogspot.com/
this looks like a good way to make VrroomZooma...ME may 'ave da Mekk Boyz take a krakk at it...
That looks well cool.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Admiral-Badruck
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Admiral-Badruck » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 am

Like I said I may do it because it looks like the cheapest way to put Biker Nobz on the board...the FW ones would be cool but I do not really have any cash these days...I do however have lotz ov Deff Kopptaz
MIJ
MIJ

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”