What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Dekana
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Dekana » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:21 pm

WHERE'S OUR FIRE SUPPORT?!

I finished the ladies for my heavy weapons teams today, so now I'm working on their spider-tank weapons.

(heavy bolter, mortar, and lascannon)

@Jye: lovely sisters!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:14 am

Lovely work all, as always. As for me, stone the crows and blimey charlie I actually done did paint sumpin! As per par for the course these days, it's not all it could have been, but it's done and I'm, if not happy, at least satisfied with it. Sadly, it was used shortly thereafter in a DnD campaign, wherein it turned up in the dead of night and started lobbing rocks at our travelling caravan. Happily though, it was then chopped into little bits and set on fire shortly thereafter, so that sorted that out alright *dusts off hands*

Anyway. Here's a troll. Sorry for the bad pic quality, but it was supposed to just be a quick shot to show the commishnah that it was done, but he wanted it there and then for the DnD game and that was it! Gone, never to be photographed again...

I plan on finishing some of my own minis for a bit now, but aforementioned commissioner has said he would happily pay me in magic cards for painting his BB goblin secret weapons, so there may be some pogo sticks in my future...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:00 am

@MIJ- those colors and shades are almost too pretty for such a gruesome, gribbly. The stone is especially nice. Almost translucent looking in spots.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Karantu
Champion

Post by Karantu » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 am

How interested would people be in running a periodical painting contest? Something like we pick a theme and two months later everyone posts pictures and we vote for the ones we like best. The winner can have some fake internet points and the rest of us might or might not get a little bit more motivated. (not that most of you need more motivation probably)

If enough people are interested I'll make a thread about it and get the ball rolling so let me know what you think.

jus

Post by jus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:07 am

@Karantu: That's a great idea! I'd be down for that.

@MIJ: Sssmokin' Troll! love those transitions. Keep it up

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Karantu wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:09 am
How interested would people be in running a periodical painting contest? Something like we pick a theme and two months later everyone posts pictures and we vote for the ones we like best. The winner can have some fake internet points and the rest of us might or might not get a little bit more motivated. (not that most of you need more motivation probably)

If enough people are interested I'll make a thread about it and get the ball rolling so let me know what you think.
Sounds like a great idea.

#edit# - I'd suggest keeping the themes fairly generic to maximize participation.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:51 pm

I'd love to *vote* in a painting contest :lol:

Nice work @Dekana and @mij

Managed to smash out the Blade Coven in time for games tomorrow. They're not a top tier team, requiring patience and trickery to succeed, which is the exact opposite of my normal approach of using OP brute force to make up for my deficiencies. So I expect to lose a fair bit with them but after giving the new Orruk hotness a few game days already it seems only fair to rotate them in.

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:49 am

Nice work all. Love the colors on mij's troll and especially the hair on that blade coven.
I'm just painting my models in order of priority for gaming at the moment, so if I participate in the contest it will just be by coincidence. ;)

I finally finished up my heavy weapons troops after working leisurely on them the last two weeks.

Image A full squad.
Image A HWT next to her big sister. (I gave the weapons the same color scheme as the tanks.)
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:54 am

@Denaka- boom, boom, boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70VMrH3yBg Gotta luv those big gunz!

Been a bit of puttying these last couple weeks.
Getting some of the details on the noodle-headed, vulture things. Having now that I got a hang of it, I started another one.
Image Image Image

And some more work on the 3 legged/armed thing. I was googling around for ideas on how to do the eyes. Spider eyes, then squid eyes, then those reminded me of Mind Flayers, and D&D and ....Xorn! All this time, I've just been building one! :lol: Image

ImageImage

As I had a bunch of brass tubing and my saw out for doing the vulture-guns, I decided to take the plunge and rig up the guns on the Digga I've had on the back burner. Because a pair of revolvers strapped onto the back side of a pair of bladed bucklers with loose trigger cables is very practical, not to mention lady-like.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Miguelsan
Champion

Post by Miguelsan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:18 pm

So many lovely lassies. Last Sunday I had my 1st game after long months of nothing. Kill Team. I need to bag some cheap nids and paint them as aliens for some nom nom.

M.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”