What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Re: What did you do today.

Post by me_in_japan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:02 am

@prim - I meant the surface, but now you mention it, the rim might be better in black or some neutral-dark colour.

Nice dred, by the way 👍😁
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 am

Getting started with my next project, a small detachment of blood ravens.
I picked up Gabriel Angelos (chapter master in terminator armor), a jump pack chaplain, and some vanguard veterans.

Gabriel is standing on a smaller rock + base that slots into the larger display piece, so he won't be quite this big on the table.

My current dilemma is what to do with the shoulder pads. The vanguard veterans come with pads that all have ornate symbols on them - but I actually wanted some blank ones so I could put the blood raven decal on them. I know it's fine for veterans to have the extra decorations, but if these are the only marines in my army, I'd rather they have the heraldry instead.
So, I'm leaning toward filing down the shoulders and smoothing them out with some green stuff.
Thankfully Gabriel already has his decal, so no work needed for him.

I also need to source a couple more storm shields for the sergeants or change my list; I didn't realize the box only included 4, not one for everyone...

My face is my shield!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:44 am

I squeezed in a couple models to finish up January this afternoon. First a Primaris Lieutenant for my loyalist Death Guard successors, the Twilight Guardians:
(Completely unnecessary, since my primaris marines are - for now, yes - only for Kill Team and there are no lieutenants in Kill Team, but what're you going to do?)

Then a Tallyman for my non-loyalist Death Guard precursors, the Dusk Raiders:

Weather permitting, I'll prime up a bunch of guardsmen and the Harrowdeep stormcast tonight or tomorrow.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 9 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 16 infantry

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:26 am

Spent the day getting started on a big job for a buddy. Napoleonics! Vive Le Emperor? Was puttying and filing and getting things ready to prime. Got Hussars, a cannon, a brandy wagon and some I forget the French term for them, camp followers who'd dole out said brandy, all sorts of good stuff. I had my buddy send me a restock of putty with the figures, so I've been experimenting with the metric ton of Brown stuff he sent.

Oh, and there is a Flesh Golem! Joseph McCullogh(sp) the Frost/Stargrave guy whipped up a Gothic Horror ruleset called "Silver Bayonet". So many games, so little time.....
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Last week I painted a border extension to an MtG card. I really enjoy these, although I don't do them often. It's nicely different to painting minis, but allows you to flex the same creative muscles.

original/my version

Image Image

and the back (it's a double sided card.)

Image Image

I can see a bunch of places where I could go back and fix them up - the lower right on Angry Avacyn, for example, would benefit from the reintroduction of the wood/white surface, and the junction of black/upper part on Grumpy Avacyn is a bit stark, but perfect is the enemy of done, and I have a ton of other cards I want to be getting on with. It'll do for now, and I'm satisfied with it. Hope you like it :D
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Dekana
Veteran

Post by Dekana » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:37 pm

I got a bit of work done on my Blood Ravens this weekend.
I assembled / magnetized five of the vanguard vets, filed down their shoulder pads, and started some painting.
The color scheme is turning out pretty well I think.

I'm not in too much of rush, so I'll take my time on the detail work. Then I'll attach transfers and glue on the jump packs (will paint them separately).

You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm

@ToD - Nice Death Guard successors.
@Konrad - I've heard a lot about The Silver Bayonet, it looks like fun.
@M_i_J - That's some really neat work on those alters.
@Dekana - You really went to town on those shoulder pads. Those Blood Ravens should look awesome when they are all decal-ed up.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:03 am

Hey, the forums seem to be working, hooray!

Over the past couple days I've prepped a couple Warhounds for priming, including some probably-more-ambitious-than-necessary base decoration, and got started on some quick-and-dirty bish-bosh Contrast paint jobs on my Guard kill team:
(I'll do the bases when I get the whole team done.) New Contrast paints always have a bit of a learning curve, and Cygor Brown (the color I used for their armor and guns) is on the super-saturated, slightly-thick end, so I've been figuring it out as I go. Fortunately, a cheeky bit of sponge chipping evens it all out pretty nicely.
-----

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:28 pm

@ToD - Those Imperial Guardsmen are coming along nicely. Are they the models with the new sprue of heads?
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:48 pm

Primarch wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:28 pm
@ToD - Those Imperial Guardsmen are coming along nicely. Are they the models with the new sprue of heads?
Yup! One box of those and a command box.
-----

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”