What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:59 pm

King Hatsepshut in the traditional Regalia of the Orb on the occasion of her first Sed festival since the renewal of the Two Kingdoms. Attended by her ward, Thutmose.

(I made a Crusade roster to play against @Mephiston and didn't even really scuff the serial numbers when stealing from history)

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:13 am

Had some issues with Imagur, and did not post these here yet. These are a batch of valiant(?) French sailors and adventurers and an assortment of rats, bats, ghouls and other critters for them to do battle with. The Game is Silver Bayonet. It's made by the same guy as Frost/Star/grave. It's set in a sort of Gothic Horror Napoleonic Era dystopia world. Lots of Vampires and assorted beasties prowl about doing dastardly deeds while the nations of Europe fight their forever wars. The figures are not mine, it was a commission for a friend and they are now hopefully halfway across the Pacific by now. Looks like a fun game though. Fun to paint. I think my best work actually was the stack of barrels and crates....

...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:59 pm

personally, I like the cow. Cows are hard to do. *nods sagely*

As for me, I done painted something! Several spikey, menacing things, actually. At this rate, I might even get finished in time for Naghammer in May!

sorry for the colour balance and focus being all ta hell. It's late and I've had a busy evening (my eldest's entrance ceremony is tomorrow, and my youngest saw fit to fall off his skateboard and sprain (but a trip to A&E confirms: not break!) his wrist while my wife and I were at work) :roll:

Anyhoo - the painting goes on...

ps my son is fine

ps the mandrakes and incubi are metal! All METTAAAALLL. None o yer plastic nonsense around these parts*

**except, like, most of the rest of the army :?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:39 am

Awesome work, @Konrad and @me_in_japan!

I've been doing a lot of priming and assembly so in theory a lot of stuff is good to go. We're moving this week though so I'm not sure if I'll get anything over the line for a post, maybe if I have enough meetings :lol:

What I *should* be doing is cracking down on my terrain backlog so I can bring as much as possible to Nagoyahammer.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:26 am

@MIJ- Some wicked swoosh you got going there, as always. I really dig those not-quite-a-Return-of-the-Jedi-rip-off- Evil-SpaceElf-skimmer-boats. Your paintjob really makes them look all sharp and menacing.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:55 pm

Some Immortals from the Kill Team

kojibear
Legend

Post by kojibear » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 pm

Konrad wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:26 am
@MIJ- Some wicked swoosh you got going there, as always. I really dig those not-quite-a-Return-of-the-Jedi-rip-off- Evil-SpaceElf-skimmer-boats. Your paintjob really makes them look all sharp and menacing.
The geek within me is poking me with a spikey ram much like the tip of that not-quite-a-‘sail barge’-rip-off. Many a Hutt…err..I mean Archon would be envious of such an exquisite display of power and swoosh! ;)

Hope it gets to carve through a few mon-keigh at Nagoya hammer!

Lovely work on the painting everyone! :)

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 am

https://blacksitestudio.com/en-jp

Just sharing, I found this site and their terrain seems great! I'm debating backlogging some terrain and ordering it to my folks' place so I can pick it up next time I'm in the States.

Shipping to the US is fine, and Canada seems not that bad. Unfortunately shipping to Japan is rough. But if any other Americans/Canadians are interested in affordable, nice terrain check it out!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 pm

This beast had many lessons to reach me, mostly about subassemblies.

I'm refusing to learn them, of course. It's technically painted, and if it's very lucky I'll glue the guns that snap off on Sunday back on at some point.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm

@jye - aye. My son got one of those for Christmas, but it lies as yet unassembled. As a seasoned airbrusher, I took one look at the picture and thought: subassemblies hoooooo!

Of course, that does mean that it'll sit in said sub assemblies, unplayable, for far too long. We're doing the same with his death croissant. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But anyway, yours is happily clad in colour, so may it subatomically flay many a scummy meat bag. Just not the pointy eared evil ones 😁

As for me, I've been working on more skimmy tanks, and am now elbows deep in a Talos, which has waaaaaaay more fiddly bits than I had anticipated. Lots of decisions needed regarding whether any given bit is skin/bone/metal or armour casing. But we're getting there. After that, Lelith is on the table, and then I'm about done. I ain't gonna hex things and say it's looking good, but...
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”