What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Jye Nicolson
Legend

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:52 pm

Commander Farsight, also holding off the Kroot

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:43 pm

@Jye - It looks like avoiding Kroot has a positive effect on the rest of your Tau. Nice work.

As for myself, I have done very little hobbying since NagoyaHammer. I have assembled some marines and... nope, that's it. :oops: Most of my free time over the past couple of months has been sunk into replaying Fallout 4. I am kind of growing bored of that now, so maybe I will drift back to my brushes. Maybe.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:58 pm

Primarch wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:43 pm
@Jye - It looks like avoiding Kroot has a positive effect on the rest of your Tau. Nice work.
Yeah though I'll run out of battlesuits at some point.

Not yet though!

The Other Dave
Destroyer of Worlds

Post by The Other Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:03 pm

There is, of course, one surefire way to not run out of battlesuits.
Feel free to call me Dave!
-----
Miniatures painted in 2023: 252
Miniatures painted in 2024:
Epic scale: 1 titan, 23 vehicles, 56 stands of infantry, a whole buncha terrain
32mm-ish: 17 infantry

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:47 pm

The Other Dave wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:03 pm
There is, of course, one surefire way to not run out of battlesuits.

I'll run out of primed ones!

That being said this is only the second Riptide and if it's not Triptide is it really Tau?

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:52 am

@Jye, truly, you are an unstoppable painting machine.

As for me, I've been a bit quiet on the group for a few weeks, because I've been Doing Stuff...

A wee while back I realised I actually owned most of the 1st ed X-wing minis. I started idly wondering if I could source stls for the remaining ones, and maybe ask Jus to print em for me. Turns out, Jus wasn't that keen (for perfectly reasonable reasons) so I was left mulling over alternatives. After some thinking...

I got a 3d printer! Yay! Woo! Much Excitement!

After a fairly straightforward setup period, and a slightly more protracted calibration period (which was, nonetheless, very educational and worth doing) I have finally taken steps towards my rather pie-in-the-sky notion of owning all the ships for X-wing. There's still a fair few I can't find stls for, but progress is being made.

The fleet grows! (the cluster at the lower right is for Andrew P in Scotland, who got me into the TIE Fighter PC game many, many moons ago. I was really happy to find stls for the Missile Gunboat and TIE Avenger from that game.)

detail is pretty decent, and I'm happy with how they're coming out.

For those who care, it's an Elegoo Mars 4. That, plus a litre of water washable 8k resin cost me about 4man, but you could honestly find it for cheaper if you dug around a bit. Getting calibration and stuff done is a bit of a pain, just because there's no "right" setting, so you kinda have to dick about a bit to get it set up just right, but the actual logistics of running it/cleaning prints etc is fairly straightforward. I'd recommend one for anybody who might be on the fence. One thing it's important to factor in though is ventilation. I'm fortunate enough to have a desk-level fan extractor for my airbrush, and I built a wooden extractor cabinet to go around the printer, so my room stays basically odorless. If you dont have such a thing, a mask is probably in order, plus a lot of open windows. If anyone cares, I'd be happy to detail my setup on another thread. Would that be of interest to anyone?
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:57 am

oh, I also painted a picture of Rob Zombie :lol: It's clear I'm no Klug, but ya gotta start somewhere, and I'm satisfied with how it came out.

current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:54 am

me_in_japan wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:57 am
oh, I also painted a picture of Rob Zombie :lol: It's clear I'm no Klug, but ya gotta start somewhere, and I'm satisfied with how it came out.

Very cool!
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:49 pm

That card is rad and cool to see all those fighters!

I stopped complaining about the Kroot and painted them.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:41 am

With the release of the Elden Ring expansion painting ambitions have been somewhat scaled back.

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”