What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Mattb
Veteran

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Mattb » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:55 am

@Jye: nice, that's a great idea for objective markers! Why did you happen to have Ursula Creed though?

I just finished up my Cadian Command Squad, which means I've finished the whole platoon just in time to make them one big unit in 10th.

Here are all the lads and ladettes together:

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:48 am

Mattb wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:55 am
@Jye: nice, that's a great idea for objective markers! Why did you happen to have Ursula Creed though?
I've never met a plan to economically use minis I already had and were going to waste (like little Dante) that couldn't be improved by wasting money on new ones :lol:

I'm not very bright but in my defence she is an awesome mini and I had no other reason to use her.

Your Cadians look awesome as always! Looking forward to seeing them storm the field for 10th.

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:18 am

I really enjoyed these moorwraiths. Even though they're kinda supposed to be chumps they were a lot of fun to paint.

And here are some surveyors. Not sure what they're surveying but... pretty boring to paint tbh. But I think they're good in game

Bonus points to anyone who can spot the not just one, but two construction mistakes I made :lol: Though I feel only one is fair to say it was my fault
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:50 pm

Some zerkers! Absolutely no idea how they'll fare in the new edition, but they'll do it with paint on them.

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:11 am

@Grant- nothin' says, "spooky" like a spot of candlelight OSL .
@Jye-those Squats? Yes! Now the Stunties are back! I like that they are not making them fantasy-Norse-berserkers-in-space. The wife-beater tank-top blue-collar constructions worker thing going there is what I always tried to do with my Squat Orks. Those hammers and glowy-chopper things are just over the top.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:19 am

@All - Cool work, everyone.

Sadly my own efforts to sit down and paint minis are going nowhere fast.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:53 am

Primarch wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:19 am

Sadly my own efforts to sit down and paint minis are going nowhere fast.
You and me both, bud. My DND chaps are never gonna get done at this rate. And don't even mention the eldar 🙄

On the plus side, Sean is painting his Necron lord, and Noah and I have been working on his bigmarine dakka floaty tank thing, which as with most GW kits, has sooo many bits, but goes together sooo well it's rather satisfying.

Also, @all - nice work, folks. I stand in envy of your painty productivity 🫡
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:36 am

Konrad wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:11 am
@Jye-those Squats? Yes! Now the Stunties are back! I like that they are not making them fantasy-Norse-berserkers-in-space. The wife-beater tank-top blue-collar constructions worker thing going there is what I always tried to do with my Squat Orks. Those hammers and glowy-chopper things are just over the top.
Yeah they're brilliant models - alongside their disciplined military forces, rugged scouts and advanced war machines, the Kahls round up a bunch of cyborged up miners who are too stubborn to die and let them loose on the enemy with the tools of their trade.

I assume it's to represent rallying the labour forces to the defence of Votann outposts and not actually transporting a bunch of shirtless yobbos through the void to raid a Forge World or whatever, but you never know...

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:44 pm

Incursors are good now, and I found a squad primed up from (much) earlier. Bases will need a little more love but good enough to call done for now.

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:51 am

I said goodbye to my 9th rules, going to sleep in the cupboard for a bit :lol:

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”