What did you do today.

Please link your painting and modelling projects here for feedback and to show off your work
Primarch
Evil Overlord

Re: What did you do today.

Post by Primarch » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:48 pm

@Jye - You're really blasting through that army. The Land Fortress looks cool, but it is the bikes that steal the show.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 am

The bikes are great models. They have good rules right now too, and I have another squad waiting in the wings.

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:25 am

I did a bit more painting last week.

Some more NPCs
Some Greek types.
A comic book figure.
And some desert terrain.
Painted Minis in 2014: 510, in 2015: 300, in 2016 :369, in 2019: 417, in 2020: 450

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:06 pm

Great work as always Prim! That's a good chunk of terrain.

I don't think I'll get to 1.5 or 2K Votann in time to play so it's time to make a start on the Blood Angels and maybe play them next month. Some of them still need priming though so who knows if they'll see the table before the spring priming season.

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:35 pm

you're all so prolific. It's thoroughly impressive, I must say.

As for me, I've (finally) finished the bulk of my terrain for my gang skirmish set up. I've had most of this for years, but it was never painted. I've been working on it on and off for a few weeks. The plan was to use it in a game of Space Weirdos against Spev at the end of January, but then my son caught chicken pox. So we rescheduled for mid February. Then my other son caught chicken pox. We plan to play in April, which should be safe, as I have now run out of sons. :D

Anyway, here's my snow tabletop. I was aiming for Night City, kinda around the industrial bits where Maelstrom hang out. I'm especially proud of my tiny dumpster and bin bags, all of which I made myself. I'm thinking to pick up a toy truck and park it in the middle kinda courtyard area. It'd make a good heist target or similar.

current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Primarch
Evil Overlord

Post by Primarch » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:13 pm

@M_i_J - That is an awesome looking terrain set-up. Well done!!

Grantholomeu
Veteran

Post by Grantholomeu » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:33 pm

@M_i_J

In the bottom picture, is that where you keep your vat of Phyrexians? :D
Table looks great!
"If you don't make mistakes, you're not working on hard enough problems, and that's a big mistake."

Konrad
Wargod

Post by Konrad » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:36 pm

@MIJ- That dumpster steals the show. It's the little quirky details that really make a bit of terrain come to life and help make the game a story.
Like the graffiti. I'm guessing some of that is decal?
Now just get in there with weathering powders and oil washes and ...... :lol:
Reminds me I still need to do a bit of touch up work on my Gorkramorkaforta.
...and now his Head was full of nothing but Inchantments, Quarrels, Battles, Challenges, Wounds, Complaints, Amours, and abundance of Stuff and Impossibilities.....
Cervantes, Don Quixote

Jye Nicolson
Legend

Post by Jye Nicolson » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:20 am

That looks awesome! Is it a fixed installation or will it make the trip to Higashi Betsuin some day? 😅

me_in_japan
Moderator of Swoosh!

Post by me_in_japan » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:32 am

Cheers all 👍

Bits of it are portable - the scatter terrain and crates and stuff. The buildings are kinda portable, but bulky, and the walkways and tanker thingies are just a nope. So some bits will probably make the trip then look daft and out of place with their snow on whatever mat happens to be on the table that day 😅

As for weathering etc, I'd like to, I really would, but I've found there's a world of difference between weathering a vehicle and weathering 16 sq ft of terrain. They all got some generic muck, some toothbrush spritz, and I'm calling it a day. Incidentally, if anybody knows a good technique to make mucky snow, I'm all ears. What I've got looks ok as clean snow, and it matches my mat, but I kinda want to do muddy slush, too, and am at a loss as to how to do it effectively at scale.

As for the graffiti, it's all decals, although in my defence I did edit a lot of it on my pc. 4 pages of A4, that is. When you cut em up, it turned out to be quite the time sink. I think it looks fairly effective, though, and there's a ton of personal references in there among the scribbles and the banksies. (The lady with the pink hair on the side of the large white building is my fortnite avatar, for example)

Also, yes. The tank is full of the finest glistening oil. All will be one. To be fair, there are crates from Umbrella Corporation, Weyland Yutani and the Church of Unitology, so at this point it's really just a question of which horrific bio-terror you'd rather succumb to.
current (2019) hobby interests
eh, y'know. Stuff, and things

Wow. And then Corona happened. Just....crickets, all the way through to 2023...

Return to “Painting and Modelling - ペイント”